Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 11:33 PM

I met my wife while sailing on SS Canberra some 19 years ago. Now, after 16 wonderful years of marriage we have decided it's time to introduce the kids to cruising. We will be on the Mariner in a Grand Suite in May and will be traveling with a 14 year old and an 11 year old, as well as with my father who will be in a promenade cabin.

My question(s) are regarding the concierge room for pre-dinner drinks, can we invite my father in as our guest, or if the kids are excluded during those hours could he use one of their keys to get access? If we have priority boarding for instance would he be able to board with us a group or should we all stay together and board at the normal time?

Thanks.
Steve
Old 03-05-2007, 11:33 PM

I met my wife while sailing on SS Canberra some 19 years ago. Now, after 16 wonderful years of marriage we have decided it's time to introduce the kids to cruising. We will be on the Mariner in a Grand Suite in May and will be traveling with a 14 year old and an 11 year old, as well as with my father who will be in a promenade cabin.

My question(s) are regarding the concierge room for pre-dinner drinks, can we invite my father in as our guest, or if the kids are excluded during those hours could he use one of their keys to get access? If we have priority boarding for instance would he be able to board with us a group or should we all stay together and board at the normal time?

Thanks.
Steve
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM

This is our first time in a GS and my understanding is that we can't take our friends with us since they are in a JS.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Thanks for the info, do you know if the kids are allowed in there before dinner? If not then I was thinking my father could use one of their keys.

Steve
Old 03-07-2007, 04:11 PM

Hello SurveyHand, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I'm typing this reply while sitting in the Concierge lounge on the Navigator. I'm sorry to inform you that kids are NOT allowed in the lounge when drinks are being served. You will get only one key card for the concierge lounge, but if you ask for another for you spouse you can get one. There shouldn't be any problem getting your Father to join you. When I get home I'll let you know the name of the concierge on the Mariner. I was in an owner's suite in December and I recieved an email from the concierge a week before the cruise. If they have your email adddress you'll probably get one too.

Sonny
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 PM

Thanks Sonny.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM

Hi Sonny: that was my question too - we are traveling with another couple on the explorer end of the year - my husband and I are diamond's and love the concierge -since this is the first time our friends will be cruising, we wanted them to experience everything positive and thought if they can join us at the concierge once/twice (they are not heavy drinkers) it will really make them cruise more and more! not that that's the only incentive -- we just wondered if we can walk in the lounge and tell the host that our friends are 'with us' and can they be served too.

Carol
Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 PM

The Concierge can make a few exceptions. He knows if someone is not a Diamond member or in a Grand suite and above. He will have a list of names on his computer. I doesn't hurt to ask.

Sonny
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM

thanx Sonny! I know there have been a lot of folks who 'wander' in the concierge - they just happen to have 'that look' - once we asked the bar assist. if we can have two guests with us one night and he said yes. We did not abuse it - we took them in one night and that was it.

Once we get to know the host/bar server - I am sure our request will be easier. After 10 pm it will be no problem as we like to have our latte/tea and it's usually empty in the concierge.

I have 4 more points before becoming Diamond Plus - can't wait! that should make things a little bit more exciting for us!! Carol
Old 03-12-2007, 08:44 PM

I just noticed I am under "new cruiser" - oops! 20 cruises for us and 1 more signed up for this yr - I know, to some that is NOTHING - but we have time for 1 or 2 per yr - Carol

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, concierge, lounge, mariner, royal