Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Food at royal (AOS)?? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/20329-food-royal-aos.html)

Casanova frankenstein 07-27-2007 12:04 PM

Well I need help about the adventure of the seas and Royal Caribbean
I will like to give a second try at the Adventure of the seas next year
But I really don’t know how much they change their policy about the food
Did they still charge for Johnny Rockets??
Did they still close the windjammer at 3:30 pm?
Do they still limit the food??
Please any info on the food will be great
thanks…

JuniorCruiser 07-27-2007 12:36 PM

Casanova,

Yes, there is a charge for dining in one of the alternative restaurants, including Johnny Rockets.
This is the opening times for Windjammer onboard AOS:
Continental Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Full-Buffet Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Lunch: Noon - 2:00 p.m.
Afternoon Tea and Snacks: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Late-Night Snacks: 1 a.m. - 4 a.m.

Food limit? If you're thinking of the Windjammer, I don't think there's no limit at all =)

Casanova frankenstein 07-27-2007 12:47 PM

thanks for the info JuniorCruiser
thats exactly what I was looking for..

Casanova frankenstein 07-27-2007 03:47 PM

also I am a past guest at RCCL
Do anyone knows if RCCL give some upgrades like carnival does or how do they work with their past guest??
I just call them like I did with carnival??
Do I have to pay the same price like I am a new guest at their cruise line?..

Dave 07-27-2007 03:51 PM

RCI rarely does upgrades, at least from what I've read here from some of our agents. I know Sonny got a "real" upgrade a while back, to a larger suite, and only after doing 30+ cruises with them!

JuniorCruiser 07-27-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Casanova frankenstein:
also I am a past guest at RCCL
Do anyone knows if RCCL give some upgrades like carnival does or how do they work with their past guest??
I just call them like I did with carnival??
Do I have to pay the same price like I am a new guest at their cruise line?..
Glad I could help.
Are you a Crown & Anchor-member? How many cruises have you done with RCCL?

Sonny V 07-27-2007 10:04 PM

Don't count on an upgrade unless you pay the difference. I'm starting to get upgrades, but I'm a diamond plus member with 36 cruises. I read your previous post about the food. If you don't want to pay $3.50 for a great burger at Johnny Rockets, or eat in the Promenade Cafe; there's always 24 hour room service. I really don't think you'll have a problem, you just hit a bad time zone for a growling stomach.

Sonny

Casanova frankenstein 07-27-2007 11:22 PM

Yes I am a crown and anchor member,
Because I fill the membership online today thanks to your advice LOL
But I have only been in one cruise the AOS in royal so I guess it will not be much help for my case.
I already call them and they told me also what Dave just said about the upgrades…

Anyway
I will really like to give RCCL another try I already talk to my wife and she thinks the same way.
Yes I am a food junkie my bad is my curse and I can be carry on with it,
I had made some mistakes in the past underestimating RCCL before because of that and I think is better if we try it one more time.
Next year I will like to visit AOS again, I really enjoy the ship during 2006 and the ports were great.
I will like to go again to Aruba and Curacao and the only cruise that goes there is the AOS so is important for me to know a few things before booking in order to make it a good cruise experience, I don’t want to make those mistakes again.
Last time we did not know we can order from room service so that’s a good option for me and my wife if the food is needed.
Thanks for everything guys I am a newbie on the world of cruising, especially with RCCL, and I am learning from you everyday so any help will be greatly appreciated…

Thanks

http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos...xthumbs-vi.gif