Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM

We cruised last July on Enchantment and had a most wonderful time. We are now planning a July 2009 cruise on Freedom. We wanted a smaller ship but couldn't find one matching our desired sailing dates,itinerary and departure ports. We realize the larger ship means more people but our biggest concern is that the ship will always feel overly crowded. We also wonder if the large number of passengers affects the quality of customer service. What has been other people's experiences? Does the crew enforce the "adult's only" policy at the Solarium? (We enjoy children but we also love adult time ) Should we expect to stand in lines often? Are there any areas on the ship where we can enjoy a little bit of quietness outside of our cabin? We are a fun bunch and love a great party but we don't want fun to become stressful. Any insight or advise about cruising on FOS would be appreciated.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 PM

Hello smylyn,
Last October I sailed on the Enchantment and boarded the Liberty the same day my cruise on the Enchantment ended. Although I've been on the Freedom twice, I'm still in awe when I board a Voyager or Freedom class ship. I've never really noticed a difference in the number of passengers compared to smaller ships. I think every thing is in proportion—more room for more people. You're going to love the Freedom!

Sonny
Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 PM

We haven't sailed on Freedom but we have been on Liberty of the Seas. I'll have to say that we felt less crowded on Liberty than we felt on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 PM

I was on the FOS last week & they had 4200 passengers of which 1000 were children. Since they have the H20 area for children there does seem to be less children around the pool area. I've never been at the Solarium pool since I've never been able to get a seat.

The ship itself didn't seem too bad with crowds but there were long lines getting off the ship & getting back on at the ports. I felt more rushed this year because it did cut into our times because of the lines. I do realize though summer has more families so it's to be expected.

I see many people on the sides of the pool in shaded areas just enjoying a good book & relaxing so I think there are plenty of quiet spots you can find.

I've been on both the Voyager & Freedom ships & would go again.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 PM

Felt maybe a little less crowded on the Liberty (Freedom Class) More room for everyone, and the H2O zone corraled a lot of kids that would ordinarily have been clustered by the pool. The only time we felt the volumn of passengers was the line to get off at Cozumel (took awhile to clear customs and may cruisers do no realize that the shoretrips adjust times accordingly so the line up was very long and the people worried and restless) and the line to get on at Cayman--you leave earlier from there so most people wait until the last tenders, understandably. We made new friends at open seating lunches and saw them off and on throughout the week on board. Still had somewhat of an intimate feel in that regard. Service did not seem to suffer at all for having so many passengers.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-07-2008, 06:12 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. Your information was very valuable. It appears that we can anticipate another wonderful cruise experience. We can't wait and are counting the days(and our pennies).

Closed Thread