Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006, 02:58 PM

As previously stated just got back about 2 weeks ago from the Freedom..as you can see by my outdated ticker (note to self to take it off)well I was bummed because I didnt think we would have another cruise for a while because our plans were my Mother in laws 50th b-day in Hawaii next year and then Disneyworld the year after.......weeeellllll...my wife just called and is excited about going on the Liberty next year in September, so it looks like Hawaii is out the door and we all will be going on the Liberty!!! It would be myself, my wife and our 3 kids, my mother in law, her husband, and so far another couple....Well if anyone cares I will definitely keep you all updated and maybe I will see you on the Liberty next year!

PS I am still trying to smuggle the camera away from my wife so I can post pics of the Freedom
Old 10-10-2006, 09:08 PM

S & C,

Keep trying.

Susan
Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 PM

S&C,
Please do post your pictures of the freedom. We are going on our first cruise on it and I have becomed quite obsessed with finding all the picture and info I can about that ship. I have falled in love with it and have never seen it... yet!

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 10-11-2006, 06:05 AM
Well tell us S&C_06 how did you like the ship, would you recommend it how was the service, is it too much to take in I mean tell us a little something I am going in 7 months and am so excited to be going on this ship for my first time out.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-11-2006, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by S&C_06:
As previously stated just got back about 2 weeks ago from the Freedom..as you can see by my outdated ticker (note to self to take it off)well I was bummed because I didnt think we would have another cruise for a while because our plans were my Mother in laws 50th b-day in Hawaii next year and then Disneyworld the year after.......weeeellllll...my wife just called and is excited about going on the Liberty next year in September, so it looks like Hawaii is out the door and we all will be going on the Liberty!!! It would be myself, my wife and our 3 kids, my mother in law, her husband, and so far another couple....Well if anyone cares I will definitely keep you all updated and maybe I will see you on the Liberty next year!

PS I am still trying to smuggle the camera away from my wife so I can post pics of the Freedom
You are lucky I went on my first cruise in August and I am hooked, would love to go on the freedom although it is quite pricy, or even book another cruise anywhere but do not have it financially like that but I am going to keep trying and keep praying about it. CONGRATULATIONS

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-11-2006, 09:39 AM

Congratulations S&C, it sounds like your wife was bitten by the cruise bug as well. Can't wait to see your pictures. Best wishes!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:09 PM

Thanks all, it helps that my wife is a travel agent and she gets the travel agent rate and if she books 10 cabins she gets to go for free, so she is booking it up with a lot of people.

To answer questions about service, it was really good our room steward (Hendra) Deck 7 room 7538 was always helpful and if you find one of the guys handing out drinks on the pool deck named Alva, he is a great guy and for all 7 days we used him and he would bring us the occasional shots on the house, and we tipped him well...Make sure you tell him Sean, Jeremy, and Jerry said hi!!!! Also at dinner we had Michael (Philippines) and Rey (Costa Rica) as our head and asst waiters. They actually both were going home when we went home, but they serve in the areas that are curtained off and are secluded in the dining rooms. They were great our family are big milk drinkers so every night he all ready had 16 glasses (2 each) ready for us when we walked in!!! So I rate the service really good!! Besides the the Towel Nazi...mean lady!!!

As far as it being too much to take in...nope not at all...Wish there was an extra day at sea (but everybody probably does) but we saw everything, plenty of time and it is easy to get around...Hopefully I will get that camera from my wife soon everybody!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:09 PM

Wow that sound great! One year and I will be there. I'm kinda curious about the towel nazi... what's that all about? I've never cruised before obviously.

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 10-12-2006, 05:37 PM

Well if you use a towel from the pool deck and dont return it, they charge you $20/towel. I myself didnt see her, but my brother in law said she was very kind.

Closed Thread