Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 05:19 AM

Hello! My husband and I just got back from our 5 night cruise to Bermuda on Explorer of the Seas and we are already planning another one in 2009 and this time we will take our kids.

We had the best time! This was our first cruise and we didn't know what to expect. It was unbelievable! We went with 3 other couples also celebrating an anniversary or birthday. The shows, food, weather was great! It was 80 and sunny the whole time out at sea and in Bermuda. Thursday was sunny but very windy during the day with rough seas. During dinner it started to rain with lightning and thunder and the boat was quite bumpy during the night. As a matter of fact, we disembarked yesterday finally at 11:00 and today I still feel like I am on the ship. However, my big fear of being sick from the motion never came to be. I had taken dramamine 1/2 hour before we set sail and then once more later in the night and never felt sick.

We can't wait to go back again!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:12 AM

Congratulations! Well, tell us about it. What was your favorite part of the Trip/Ship?

Wheels

Old 10-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Glad you had a wonderful cruise!
Please tell us more, I'm sailing on her in 4 weeks time.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-14-2007, 07:40 PM

The ship was just unbelievable! There is absolutely something for everyone to do. Our cruise director, Dave, was a riot! He emceed most of the shows and should double as a stand up comic! You have to see the Love and Marriage Game show and also take part in the Quest Game show (adults only, and you'll see why!). The food was delicious, and our waiter and assistant waiter could not have been more attentive. One tip: lose about 10 lbs before you set sail! I lost 7 lbs and gained 2, but I was cautious with my eating. A person could easily gain 5-7 lbs, especially with 24 hour room service available! I loved hanging out by the pool on the upper deck. Also, you must have a Mango Tango! Bermuda was absolutely gorgeous! We spent our first day there on Horseshoe Beach. We've never been to a place with "clear" water so we were in awe! (You have to take a taxi to the beach, which cost us about $30 with tip (one way). I don't recommend renting mopeds. Two people on our cruise were taken to the hospital for injuries. The road is very narrow and the taxi drivers drive like they do in NYC! We went into Hamilton the next morning for shopping..not much there. (NOTE: Do not go into Hamilton after 8pm if you are looking to shop. The souvenir shops all close at 8ish, which we found out after taking the water taxi over at 8:30pm!). Water taxi is the best way to get to Hamilton and it only costs $4 per person each way. After shopping for an hour in Hamilton, we went back to the ship, ate lunch and walked over to a cove a very short distance from the ship. There, my husband and a friend snorkeled for 2 hours! Then we had to be back on the ship by 4:30 for a 5:00 departure. The only thing I would change is that I'd like more time in Bermuda. One more day would have been great! The cruise back to New Jersey was full of parades and farewell dinners and shows. We didn't get to sleep before 2am any day and came home just exhausted. We've been just lazing around this weekend, trying to recuperate. There was never a dull moment on the ship: belly flop contests, best leg contest (male), dodgeball tournament, bands playing all day long on the pool deck, midnight buffet! I could go on and on! We can't wait till 2009 when we will go again, this time with the kids who will be 18 and 16 at that time! I hope you have a great time on your trip!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:58 AM

Ah yes, the endless glowing smiles and good times stories of a first time cruiser!!!! I love it and I am glad you had a great time. We still talk about our first cruise that was almost 15 years ago now!!! I have never been to Bermuda though, I would like to try that sometime.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 10-15-2007, 05:53 AM

I BE ON EXPLORER ON JANUARY 2008. AND I JUST CANT WAIT. I BE IN THE PR ROOM DECK 8.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:40 PM

The Promenade Rooms looked like fun! If for some reason you did not want to go to the Promenade to see any of the parades (which I don't know why anyone would not go!) you can watch them from your window! Each night we saw curtains fly open when the "hoopla" started in the Royal Promenade! I hope you have a really great time on Explorer!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:10 AM

CAD1223, welcome back! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I'm glad to see you're going to book another. What itinerary are you going to choose? I'm glad you like Horseshoe Beach. It's the only thing that sticks out in my memories of Bermuda. It was so long ago that I was there, but I still remember that beach. I thought it was one of the prettiest I've ever seen. We, too, come home ready for a vacation. Even though, we do try to rest, there's just so much to do. I never want to waste a moment's time sleeping. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about you're trip. Planning the next one sure helps ease the pain of disembarkation. Best wishes!
Old 10-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Hi Penny:

I believe we are going to book the Explorer of the Seas again, to Bermuda. We might try the 7 day instead of the 5 day. I think the kids will have a blast on this ship. Plus, I do not want the extra expense of flying to a port, so boarding in New Jersey is great for us! I think about the upcoming trip every day and am excited to go again!

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, deck, explorer, lightning, nights, rough, seas