Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 AM

Deciding between Princess or RCI Explorer for last week of March 2006. I see that children's programs run 9am to 5 pm on Explorer. Do these programs run while the ship is in port? Anyone have recent experience with quality, staffer/children ratio?

I'm a first time cruiser--what do families generally do with their kids in the evenings? Entertainment is kid-friendly? or employ a babysitter?

Edit: Moved to Royal Caribbean International forum. RF
Old 11-12-2005, 12:40 PM

Actually that is not quite accurate. The daytime children's activities are scheduled until 5 PM - then there is a dinner break for the staff - and evening activities are scheduled again from 7-10 PM. After that, from 10 PM - 1 AM Adventure Ocean is also open for late night activities/babysitting - but there is a $5 per hr. charge for that.

RC's Adventure Ocean programs run everyday and are manned by a qualified and energetic college-educated staff. The child to staff ratio varies depending on number of children on board. Personally, I believe them to be one of the best in the undustry.

You can check out a sample of the various daily programs available for both a Day at Sea and a Port Day at out parent site: CruiseReviews. Here is the link to the RC page:
http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCaribbean/
Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the age group(s) of interest.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-14-2005, 01:25 PM

I was on Enchantment in August. My one daughter loved the kids club, the younger didn't want to go (entirely different story).

Anyway, while at sea, the club was open except during meal hours. The only correction to Nancy's explanation is that they were closed at noon for lunch while at sea.

When in port, they are pretty much open the whole day - at least until dinner time (which I think is the 9 to 5 schedule you saw).

They have a lot of neat activities scheduled throughout the day, and my 8 year-old loved it. The area as a good bit smaller than what I was expecting, but I never heard a complaint. In fact, my daugther wished we placed her there more than we did - but in truth, she wanted to explore the ports as much as we did, so she lost a lot of time because of that.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 11-18-2005, 06:36 AM

does anyone know about recriation for childern on cruises im really worried because my wife and i really want to go on a cruise in the summer but im worried my kids will be board
Old 11-18-2005, 01:46 PM

I don't know the ages of your children but I can almost guarantee you they'll have a good time. The cruise lines work really hard at entertaining them and they all look like they're having a terrific time. You don't see bored, whiny children. You see active, happy children. Some areas of the ship are closed off just for the children. There are also teen clubs and game rooms for the older ones. There's ice skating, miniature golf, rock climbing and all kinds of things to do.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:11 PM

David,
What are the ages of your children? No matter what age, I agree with Marian that will definitely not be bored, but the recreation options vary based on age of the chidren. BTW, David - I am curious - what's with all the links under your post?
Shelley

Closed Thread

Tags
11, activities, childrens, club, explorer, kids, program, programs, reviews, sample, sea, seas, times, wxplorer, year