Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 AM

We are thinking of booking Serenade to the Southern Carribean in December. Has anyone had experience with this itinerary? Already been to St.Maarten and St.Thomas, but have not been to Antigua,Barbados,or St.Lucia and have been on a Radiance Class ship. Any info. would be great!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM

We've been to all those ports. St. Lucia and Barbados are two of my favorite ports in the Caribbean. The last time we were in St. Lucia we went to Pigeon Island, great place to spend an afternoon. We normally go on snorkeling trips and have been on many in St. Lucia. It's a great island, the locals are friendly, it is fairly clean and very safe. Barbados is a very clean island, the locals are friendly, it is safe, there is a nice terminal with good shopping right where you dock. We always take the Tiami sail/snorkel catamaran. They give you a great snorkel with the turtles, you can book one that serves lunch-awesome food, they take you to a nice beach for about an hour, the crew is great, the ships are very well kept. I enjoyed Antigua, however, the snorkeling wasn't very good. The water was clear, but way too many jelly fish for me. The town is not as clean, but it has a very Caribbean feel about it. I wouldn't mind going back, but I personally like St. Lucia and Barbados better. Scott Taylor has a post about Pineapple Beach in Antigua, they spent the day there and really enjoyed it. You can search this website for his posts. I really think you'd enjoy this itinerary. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:15 PM

Penny, If you don't mind me asking a few more questions...
How far is the airport from the cruise port?
and did you book your airfare through RCCL?

We plan to use our frequent flyer miles so we are on our own to find transportation to the port. Do you know if its pricey to get a cab to take four of us to there?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 AM

The port is about 45 minutes away from the airport. The Supershuttle will be the least expensive transportation, however, the cab wont be too expensive. I am assuming you are flying into Miami and not Ft. Lauderdale. I believe the fare for a cab is around $35, but it's been a couple of years since we left out of Miami. When we fly, we usually book our own air, but we try to fly in the day before, just in case. Hope this helps!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:55 AM

Actually,we will be leaving from San Juan but our connecting flight is through Miami. We already live in Florida, so not too much traveling. I didn't know that you could do Southern Carribean from Miami or Ft.Lauderdale though. We picked an itinerary that had the fewest days at sea (only one) and have the most ports that we haven't been to. That's why we picked Serenade otherwise we would want to do Adventure being that we haven't been on a voyager class yet! Adventure though had two days at sea and only went to Aruba and somewhere else so we figured for all of the hassle between flying and everything that we would get as many ports that we haven't been to rather than go on a bigger ship for more money and fewer new ports!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 PM

San Juan airport is not far from the port, I don't remember what the cab fare was. It wasn't bad. Princess does a great southern route out of Ft. Lauderdale. We did a 14 day on the Sea Princess a good 10 day on the Sun and we're on the Emerald this November. It's a 10 day, 6 ports, all of which we've been to, but some of my favorites are on this one. Bonaire, Dominica and Grenada-great snorkeling! I love lots of ports as well. On the 14 day we went all the way to Trinidad, it was a great itinerary. I'd rather cruise to the destination than fly. I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, sure miss it! I'm hoping when we retire we can move back, can't afford the coastal areas, but inland would be fine with me--I hate being cold!

Closed Thread

Tags
carribean, islands, itinerary, safe, serenade, southern