Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 02:25 AM

Hi, Ive got a question concerning the dolphin swim booked through Rccl in Cozumel (FOTS). Is this in Chakanaab Park or at another location? Has anyone been lately to this park? Is it still devastated or (like before the last hurricane) well worth its money? I am only referring to the experience with the dolphins. I am not interested in the park or beach or other attractions there itself.
Thanks for your help. Lucy
Old 03-03-2007, 03:22 AM

Hi Lucy,

As far as Ive read from recent reviews the Dolphin Swim area is o.k.. The park itself still has some damage but beach, snorkeling areas are also back running again.

I dont exactly know if RCCL is offering the Dolphin Swim in Chankanaab. I know that some of the shore tours by RCCL offer the Dolphin Swim in Xel-Ha.

We booked it directly via Dolphin Discovery. Well be there in April and I can tell you more when were back.

Carmen

SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN
This Historic Landmark needs your help!
Find out what you can do at
www.save-the-delta-queen.org
Old 03-03-2007, 04:09 AM

Hi, Carmen, thanks for your quick response. Yes, RCCL does offer a dolphin swim and snorkel adventure. I am undecided whether to book it or not. I know the park "preWilma" and the dolphin swim back then was great. As I mentioned I am not interested in the park itself, for me it is only about the swim. I wish you so much fun on your trip and would appreciate your feedback once your back. Lucy
Old 03-03-2007, 12:09 PM

Hi Lucy
I will be in Chakanaab Park on April 3rd. I booked the royal swim for my daughter and her girl friend through shore trips. I read it was better than booking through RCCL, so I hope it will be great. The park is charging $16 pp.admission, so hopefully they put the money into the park.
I was in Xel-Ha in 94 was beautiful then.
take care I'll let you know
Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM

Hi, thanks for the info. I prefer the swim and snorkel adventure, the royal swim has this foot-push that I dont like. I once did the encounter that was great,too, but the swim is much more interactive. I wish you all the fun, please let me know how it went.
Lucy
Old 03-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned

I don't know about the dolphin swim, but Chakanaab park is not worth the $16. The snorkeling was pityful...the reef will take years to come back...underwater reef was limited to: rocks near shore and 1 surviving coral head smaller than the diving platform near it.....I searched the entire roped off area and found no other reef, the cold water caves were at one end (no fish) and i could only find one underwater statue, they did have 6...they still rent snorkel gear there, but i bet they don't tell you what a waste of money that is.

another shortcoming...the beer shack and snack bar didnt have corona beer and the beer they did have were $3...lots of seats, hammocks and umbrellas but not worth the $16.

I hope your dolphin experience is everything you hope for, no matter where it is held. Just dont pay extra to go to Chakanaab Park.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbeans, chakanaab, chaknaab, chankanaab, cozumel, cruise, dolphin, marine, park, photographers, port, reviews, royal, ship, swim