Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 AM

1) Where in the caribbean should I cruise? Eastern, Western, Southern, other??
2) What is the best ship to cruise on for the caribbean (ages 25-30)?
3) Who should I book through?
4) Any other advise?
5) Do cruises offer drink packages?

My goal is to decide on a destination and cruise line by the end of this weekend. Any advise is appriciated.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 AM

1) Where in the caribbean should I cruise? Eastern, Western, Southern, other??
2) What is the best ship to cruise on for the caribbean (ages 25-30)?
3) Who should I book through?
4) Any other advise?
5) Do cruises offer drink packages?

My goal is to decide on a destination and cruise line by the end of this weekend. Any advise is appriciated.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:38 PM

I have a group going out in June of 2004 (this is my 3rd group). I have offered the service of catering to groups that travel. I would reccommend you to Royal Caribbean if you have more of an adult crowd. If there are very many children traveling you may want to look at Carnival Cruise lines, they cater more to families. You also want to let the cruise line that you are booking a group and that you want a group rate and any type of perk that they can give your group (free cocktail parties, free cabin favors, etc...). If you need any advice you can e-mail me at madeatwin@aol.com. Happy cruising.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:42 AM

Hi, we just returned from the Western Caribbean on RCCL's Navigator of the Seas and we did the Eastern two years ago on Carnival's Victory. I have to say that for me the Western was definately much better and RCCL is better than Carnival. On the Western we went to Labadee-Haiti, Ocho Rios-Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel-Mexico. Don't miss the Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios and Stingray City in Grand Cayman.

Have a great time!

ZC
Old 01-05-2004, 10:50 AM

I booked a surprise 40th birthday cruise for my husband that sails this Jan. on Grandeur of the Seas out of New Orleans. I LOVE our travel agent - she has been a miracle worker for us with rates and has a great personality, too! Linda Dumont of Cruises Inc.
Yes, be sure you tell her it's a group. You should get the price of one person's sailing in the most requested room in your group for free.

CALL LINDA!

PAM
Old 01-05-2004, 11:54 AM

Pam, have a wonderful time! I hope you have a little time before or after the cruise to enjoy New Orleans too. I was just there for a different cruise a couple months ago; the Grandeur docks right beside the Riverwalk Mall, which is a fun place to grab lunch and window shop a bit before the cruise. It appears that cruise passengers can access the mall from the cruise terminal - if so, I would suggest spending any waiting time there, instead of just sitting in the terminal! Enjoy!
Old 01-05-2004, 12:16 PM

1.) I would suggest either Western or Southern. Western on RC contains Cozumel and Jamaica. Which are very fun for the twenty-something to thirty-something crowd. Southern has its benefits also...one word ARUBA.
2.) Once you go big..you never go back. Meaning...one of the Voyager class ships from Royal Carribean (Voyager, Navigator, Explorer etc.). They have so much more to do on them. My first RC cruise 3 yrs. ago was on the Enchantment. Nothing wrong with it all. Then last year, I went on Explorer. Its just night and day in my opinion. As far as ages. I have heard that Carnival is more of "party" type atmosphere. However, I must say at 29, partying on RC isnt to shabby. Besides...you meet up with the Carnival crew on your ports of call.
3.) Book through who ever has the best price. If you book through RC for instance, you can keep calling up through your sailing date (I believe) to see if cabin prices have been lowered. They also allow you to transfer your reservation to another travel agency if they have a lower price (just found that out today).
4.) You should have fun no matter which line you choose. Ive been on two RC ships and about to go on a 3rd (Navigator).
5.) Not on RC that I know of.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:31 PM

I've only sailed on the princess lines and i love them!! But I'd like to recommend you go to an online booking agent called www.vacationstogo.com Here we have booked our cruises for super low rates and have gotten wonderful service through them. They have a link called a 90 day ticker where you can watch the prices keep dropping. Happy cruising!!

Old 01-05-2004, 09:58 PM

I did eastern last May on the Enchantment and had a ball. Theres more activity on western cruises, in terms of physical things anyway, but there are much better beachs, IMO, on an eastern cruise. And that was fine for me, since i was up until 3 or 4 every nite, it was great to go to a great beach and relax, and theres plenty of jet skis, parasailing, etc, anywhere.

Ive done RCCL every time and havent had a problem finding crowds up late partying. As to the big ship thing, its more of a personal opinion, it really makes a difference only on sea days, and RCCL has good cruise directors to keep things going even if there is no rock climbing wall.

Feel free to ask questions on either the eastern or western, i have never done the southern.

Opps, forgot to mention that bestpricecruises.com generally has the lowest prices i can find for RCCL and Celebrity. I used Charlie last time(a girl). I generally go to icruise.com to find the cabin that i want(they have nice blinking lights on the deck plans of the ones that are availble), then book with the other place.

Closed Thread