Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM

This will be my honeymoon cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, and also my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I usually take Carnival and have never been to Jamaica. I was wondering because it seems to be the most uneasy destination, if you have any suggestions as to where we should go while we are there. We love to relax and are pretty much hammock beach bums that like water sports! Any other info would be awesome about our ship! We are staying in a promenade room suite. Our locations include Georgetown Grand Cayman, Labadee haiti, Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Cozumel Mexico. It would be great to get advice for each, or favorite spots for a small honeymoon budget!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:26 PM

My Honeymoon 8 years ago had an almost identical itinerary! I loved Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, and Stingray City (snorkling) in Grand Cayman. I thought both these were well worth the money. We also took a tour to the Tulum Ruins in Cozumel but said if we were to do it again, we probably would have left this one off. It was a full day (no time at all to bum around Cozumel) and was way too hot to even be enjoyable (we were there in July). I was just in Cozumel last September and definitely appreciated time to relax there. I also found it really easy to get around myself, although I did do an excursion to Chakanaab park to do the dolphin swim. If this really appeals to you, you can probably save money by just taking a cab to the park and booking the royal swim yourself. We were on Celebrity so we didn't go to Labadee.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM
theerons- Congratulations on your pending marriage and welcome to cruise-chat...the best place to be when you are up and on the beach...between cruises!!! Consider taking a lazy and romantic rafting tour down the m
Martha Brae river...it is quite a relaxing and lazy way to go with an island beverage in each of your hands...or maybe share just one!!! The tour bus that will take you there will give you a great overview of where the real beauty of Jamaica lies.

Welcome Aboard and...

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cayman, cozumel, cruise, cruises, grand, haiti, honeymoon, jamacia, jamaica, labadee, ocho, reviews, rio, rios, royal