Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM

I just wanted to share my experience and ask if anyone has ever had luck with this procedure.

I had read somewhere that dining seating requests could be made via e-mail directly to the dining department (I had already made my request when the reservation was made). So, being only a few weeks away from our departure I sent an e-mail to the address I had found, along with our reservation numbers and table location request.

I was tickled to recieve the following email response...
"Good morning, Your request was received and forwarded to the Maitre'd."

Has anyone ever done this?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-09-2009, 06:15 AM

BarbH, sorry no one has answsered you. I, personally, have never used the on-line request. I guess it's just me, I don't really care where I sit as long as I have some good tablemates. We've met so many wonderful people on board.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:25 AM

Thank you so much for your reply.

My husband and I have cruised before, but this time are taking our 4 children along. We are looking forward to sharing some quality family time.

On our last cruise, we sat by an exterior window one day and LOVED looking out at the ocean. I think our kids would really enjoy it. (unless, of course, we encounter rough seas - then looking at it might cause some upset stomachs)

Can't wait!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:37 AM

That is a great idea but I have never tried it. Where did you find this e-mail address? We had a table by the window on Liberty of the Seas and loved it. I would like to try this e-mail approach as well, might work and might not!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-09-2009, 06:50 AM

I found the address on another cruise forum site. The email address I used is...
rcldining@rccl.com
I figured it was worth a try too... cant hurt right?

We are looking forward to being on the liberty. The kids will want to try all of the fun activities. Do you remember the lines being long for the flowrider, putter golf, rock climbing, etc.? Is it something we can sign up for in advance?

Old 12-09-2009, 06:59 AM

We had a window table on the Radiance in October. It was a great view until it got dark. Another neat thing is you're not surrounded by people. I never tried the e-mail thing - we always check out our table around 1:00pm on the first day and make changes with the dining room staff if we don't like the location, or the size of the table. There usually is a short line, but it doesn't take very long. I think you made a good choice.

Sonny
Old 12-09-2009, 07:08 AM

Sonny, thank you for the reassurance. I appreciate it. I know I'm going overboard with my details, but I really just want everything to be perfect (or as close as possible). We've been planning this trip for a year, so it's quite a big deal for us.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM

And it is getting close now, BarbH. I know you're excited and once the children become addicted, you'll be in trouble
Old 12-09-2009, 09:28 AM

Barb,

Thanks for the address. As far as the sports related activities, there was never a long enough line to make us leave. Our 10 year old daughter really wanted to do the Flowrider but either you had to be 12 or I said "NO", can't remember which!! The rock climbing wall was her favorite and she scampered right up the thing several times to ring the bell, much to the amazement of several older athletic types!! The mini golf was always a treat and while there were some people there, it was never too bad. We made a habit of going up there at night, after dinner and/or the show, and just playing a round before bed. It was much cooler, gave you time to take in the wonderful sights of the ship and just dream about the next cruise!! During the day, there was not a lot of shade to keep you from melting!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-09-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
rcldining@rccl.com
rcL? What does the "l" stand for?

Let us know if they actually fulfill your request.

Closed Thread

Tags
address, caribbean, cruise, dining, email, line, location, princess, rcldiningrcclcom, request, requests, room, royal, seating, table