Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 01:37 PM

Well, I'm leaving on my 2nd cruise. Going to the Bahamas out of Miami stopping in Nassau and CocoCay. Any suggestion for things I shouldn't miss?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 PM

Hi Dysfunctional, welcome to Cruise-Chat. In Nassau-take a cab to the Atlantis then you can go to Cabbage Beach which adjacent to the property. You can also visit the Straw Market and the Queen's Staircase. Coco Cay is their private island, it's a great beach day and the crew members come ashore to man the bars and the bar-b-que. Hope you have a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! I was thinking about taking a cab, but wasn't sure how safe it was. Does the cruise ship have water taxi's that can take me to paradise island?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:02 PM

There is a water taxi but it is not ran by the ship but it is very safe and also the cabs been there 5 or 6 times very safe if you want you can walk over there only a bout a 25 min walkover the bridge have fun mike
Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 PM

We love the Majesty and have done 2 B2Bs on her since January. Great ship and crew.

Can't really add much to what been said. We really enjoy staying onboard on this cruise and enjoying the ship while evryone else is ashore.

CoCoCay is fun...we're doing the waverunner tour there next week while we're on Mariner.

Enjoy your cruise!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 10-22-2008, 05:22 PM

Thanks for the info on the taxi's. We'll probably opt for the water taxi since I'm sure there will be others from the cruise ship on it.

I don't want to pay the extra cash for an excursion through the ship.

Thanks again, I'll stop back in after the cruise to let everyone know how it went!!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Our first cruise was a Majesty 3 day and we had a great time. We loved CocoCay, but were not really impressed by Nassau. We are going again on a 4 day in February and will definitely check out Atlantis. I have heard that it is really great. We have never taken a taxi but have heard that it is safe. They are very conscious of the tourists in Nassau, as that is their livelihood. You can basically walk out in the street and the cars will stop for you. It must be an unwritten law to yield to the tourists.

Majesty of the Seas - Jan. 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Feb. 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Feb. 2008
Majesty of the Seas - Nov. 2007
Old 10-23-2008, 10:32 AM

Actually, have one more question. The weather looks to be stormy during the travel time to the Bahamas. Can the seas get VERY choppy making the ship rock very much? It's only from Miami to the Bahamas, not very far.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Can the seas get VERY choppy making the ship
No way anyone can answer that other than saying yes it is possible. I've seen choppy seas on clear blue sky days and seas that were actually quite calm in the middle of a line of thunderstorms. It is simply not predictable.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the insight. I will definitely take my Dramamine.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, day, erev, expect, friday, fridays, leaving, majestic, miami, royal, shabbos, ship, ships, thursday