Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 AM

I am hoping someone can offer me some insight or give any suggestons. Unfortunately, my friend that was going to come on the cruise with me can not go after all. So I will be traveling alone. This will be my second cruise and I am going to Hawaii on Rhapsody. One of my questions: 1. Has anyone done any of the shore excursions? If so - is there any that stand out from others as they are all quite expensive. 2: Has anyone taken a cruise to Hawaii, if so can you just get off the ship and still be able to get to areas to shop and sightsee without taking excursions? Thank you for any information. I am kind of nervous traveling alone, but I am not giving up this cruise.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:51 AM

There's no need to be nervous, you'll have a ball. I'll be leaving soon for a solo cruise as well. Sorry your friend cancelled on you, but glad to hear you're still going. The Hawiian islands are very easy to get around and can definitely be done on your own. Take a look in our Caribbean Port Chat section as well as General Port Chat section. Just use the find feature in your upper left hand corner of your post and type in Hawaii, you can select the current forum (ie Caribbean port chat) or uncheck the box and search the entire site. If there is something you'd like to question further, or something that interests you, please post a question in that section so it will receive higher visibility. Best wishes and have a fantastic time!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Nothing to worry about at all. In Kona and Lahaina the tender pier is right in the thick of it. Honolulu has a great public bus system; and Hilo and Nawiliwili, as well as Honolulu, have free shuttles to the main shopping areas.

I wouldn't be surprised if you meet some other singles and decide to do some excursions.

Have a great cruise.

Rick
Old 03-21-2008, 11:09 AM

Thank you very much for your responses. It makes me feel a whole lot better. I will also definitely check out the port section of cruise chat. Thanks again!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, caribbean, cruise, cruising, forum, honululu, parent, royal, single, system