Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 AM

Well, I had a wonderful time with my sister! After four days, we were STILL stubling onto areas of the ship we hadn't seen. The size is great, not too big and not too small. Even full, I didn't often feel "crowded". There are LOTS of hidden spots to sit and sip, read a book, look out of the massive amounts of windows and views. Food was excellent. We upgraded one night to the Italian Portofino restaurant and it was sensational and worth the $20/pp up-charge, easy. We met a couple in there who ate there EVERY NIGHT, which may be a bit excessive for me. We ate in Cascades and had two other couples at our table and enjoyed their company very much. Leaving Tampa was smooth, in fact I didn't even know we were leaving until I noticed we were moving!

I look forward to another cruise again. Cozumel was a great shopping destination as well. Bruce, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. I know your leaving on the same ship December 20. Mary

Edited to remove email address.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-07-2010, 09:02 AM

Welcome back MaryD Sounds like you had a great time! Cozumel is a great place for shopping. I am glad y'all tried Portofino's, too. SonnyV says it's well worth the extra charge and Dave does as well.

You'll have to let us know which cruise you select next, I'm sure you're hooked

Sorry it's back to the cold reality, but I know you have great memories to warm your heart.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:11 PM

Glad you had a great time and glad you enjoyed Portofino's

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 12-10-2010, 10:26 AM
MaryD- my wife and I are on Radience this coming March. Our past cruises have been on Mariner and Liberty, which we enjoyed. I don't expect any, but are there any draw-backs to a smaller ship we should plan for? We have a Jr. Suite this time, and usually have a standard balcony cabin in the past. It looks like a great ship! Can't wait to try her out.

Need some cruise help?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:00 AM

Thanks Mary for the review. I will send you a PM with my e-mail. We are leaving Friday evening and driving to Savannah to spend the night and then on to Tampa Saturday. We board the Radiance on Monday, 12-20 and can hardly wait!!! We have just a outside with balcony this time instead of our usual Junior Suite but it looks like the rooms are a bit bigger than the Liberty and Navigator cabins. Looking forward to exchanging e-mail with you. BTW, which hotel did you stay in at the port if any?

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-30-2010, 11:29 PM

We are back now from our Radiance cruise and had a wonderful time. The ship was fantastic and may be our new favorite ship of the fleet. It was big enough to be comfortable, yet small enough to be warm and delightful. I can see why the Radiance class has a loyal following. The Tampa port was great also and I can highly recommend the Embassy Suites there, very nice hotel and great location.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, junior, lines, navigator, portifino, portofino, radiance, review, reviews, royal, sea, seas, suite, tampa