Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 AM

Recommended some folks in the review but for quick view here: In curacao we used a company called Actief. They were fantastic. We will a World of Water tour that was land and snorkeling. The lunch was curried chicken, crab salad, cole slaw, fresh buns from a bakery we stopped at, lemonade and water and a dessert sweet that tasted like Good and Plenty (all fantastic). The guide was Howard (fantastic). The scenery was great. We were secluded, alone at most places we stopped. The snorkeling fantastic. Well, you get the idea. Some "lunch" friends from the ship used this company for an Eco land tour and were really enthusiastic about their time as well. This was our favorite tour from 10 cruises worth of touring. It was all day and worth every dime. He also did some city driving at our request just so we could see the architecture as we had not been there before. Lots of great photos.

We also used a private sailing company www.simplicitycharters.com. It was expensive, but we looked at group tours x 5 people and they aren't getting any cheaper. We decided to pool our money and charter this boat instead. The first mate has a degree in Marine Science and it was like taking a class (we asked a lot of questions). Both he and the captain were intelligent and personable and clean (not the typical "beach bum" you sometimes encounter), the boat (Captain Charles' parent's home, actually) in great condition and clean (they take away your shoes first thing so you don't dirty or damage it) and the snorkeling sites and beaches amazing. We were limited on our tour by wind and are anxious to try again on a calmer day--see those other coves we couldn't go in due to high seas.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 AM

Hey Laurie, how do I find your review on AOS? If it is under reviews in the Forum, let me know how to find yours in particular.

Thanks

Peter1

Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 PM

It comes up on about page 6 or so, I guess I just checked it I searched under the reviews tab at the top of this page, then the subdivision for Adventure of the seas, and it seems to be on the last page of the listed page numbers. I find this a bit confusing since there is a parenthetical statement for 69 pages--it is not on the 69th page, or the first. The chronology seems awkward. I just used the first name Laurie
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Closed Thread

Tags
aos, cabin, caribbean, revies, reviews, royal, simplicitycharterscom