Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 05:10 PM

It was fabulous. My husband and future son-in-law's cabin was flooded with water for a couple days, and even that didn't dampen our enthusiasm. (After all the girl's room was dry and had a balcony). We will be posting a review when we get caught up on the mail, laundry, etc. Loved the itinery (San Juan, Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas). The ship needs to have a rest, everything was clean, in fairly good repair, but the furniture and carpets are getting tired--and then there was that nasty plumbing problem in the wall outside our second cabin!
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Welcome Back!

I'm glad you had a great time . Sorry about the plumbing problem but it sounds like y'all took it in stride.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-09-2009, 06:22 PM

The ship was full--it was move the occupants of the "man cabin" in with us (mom, daughter 21, daughter 15) or walk on squishy carpet. They didn't want to share a bathroom with us. Besides, it kept them from making piles on the floor, and the carpet between the beds stayed dry. It would not have been my first choice for a room, make no mistake. But averaged with our other cruise experiences made this just a bump. If we had not been loyal cruisers before this it could have been a deal breaker. We just spent more time outside and at assorted food venues. It also would have been a bigger deal if it had happened the first or second day or if we were on a cruise with less time in port where you might be in and out of your room more.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 03-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Administrator

I hate to be the one to ask this, believe me.

But, this is an instance where I feel compensation for the flooded cabin is appropriate. Please tell me you were "made whole" for this. No details are needed, but I'd like to think RCI gave you some onboard credit or vouchers or something.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Dave, Laurie mentioned that she was a LOYAL CRUISER—I thought Royal Caribbean is making it clear that they don't really give a rip about loyal cruisers anymore.

Laurie, you have a great attitude! Most people would be ranting about how Royal Caribbean ruined their cruise when the room flooded. I have to say: You are a breath of fresh air.

Sonny
P.S.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 AM

Hi Laurie, welcome back! I am so very sorry to hear about the flooded cabin, what a pain! I am very glad that it didn't ruin your cruise, though, you have a fantastic attitude. I do hope that Royal did do right by you, too! I will wait patiently for your review, because I know how much there is to catch up on when you return. Hope you brought some warm weather back with you, and tons of pictures! I love your itinerary. We went to Palm Beach the last time we were in Aruba, it was really a relaxing day and a nice beach. Hope you toured the Curacoa factory, they used to give out yummy samples. Oh well, I'll stop asking questions and wait for your review. I hope that Royal will give AOS a sprucing up really soon, and I hope they treated you fairly! I'm sure you're not happy to be home, but we're glad you're back
Old 03-10-2009, 09:57 AM

Welcome back Laurie ! I can see that YOU did not let your vacation be ruined by the inconvenience you had. I know for some people it would have been the END to their vacation and dwell on it for the remainder; not you.
I too am very anxious to hear from you as we are scheduled on AOS in April and are still tossing around some of our off ship excursions at this point. Any input on this would be welcomed! Book that next one quick.

Peter1

Old 03-11-2009, 08:26 AM

I am also waiting to hear your review as we are leaving on the same itinerary on AOS on April 12! Glad you had such a nice cruise - we can't wait!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 AM

Did a lengthly review on this site that should be available in the reviews section.

We have not been comped in any way for the flooding. Have requested consideration on a future cruise and they are "looking in to it" Will let you know. Unfortunately this room was occupied by my husband and future son-in-law. Son-in-law had not cruised before. This did not leave a great first impression for him--and he is currently shopping honeymoon options!
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Well, as you know I get tired of people who think they deserve compensation because of some silly thing like we see posted here often. But having a flooded cabin and no more room at the inn is certainly something they need to do more than just "look into". You didn't let it ruin the vacation and gave RCI a good review of the cruise. They need to provide you with something. An OBC on a future cruise, maybe a discount for a future booking.

Closed Thread

Tags
aos, cabin, caribbean, revies, reviews, royal, simplicitycharterscom