Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Can my son who is 6 wear nice dress shorts to dinner as well as my husband on non formal nights? Are they really strict with attire on those casual nights?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 PM

On Freedom we just took 1 pair of dark pants for our 4 year old son to wear at dinner time. As soon as it was over he took them off, so they lasted to whole cruise. They said no shorts permitted, so I didn't want to be the family that "stands out".

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-17-2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah, Im gonna bring two pairs of pants with me for him...He and my husband can change right after dinner...Formal night do u think he has to wear a jacket or can he get away with just suit pants a dress shirt and tie?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:46 PM

It's all up to your comfort level. Of course they will make it sound like you have to dress like you're meeting the president! First cruise my husband dressed up in a suit. But this time I think he's leaning toward a nice shirt, tie & dress pants. First time on formal night we dressed our 4 year old son in a button down shirt & a tie, but this time he will just wear a comfortable pullover knit collar shirt with the 3 buttons. We are not really "dress up people" but some people are and in the dining room, you will see a range of different clothing.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM

My son will never wear the jacket again...So I am going to let him wear a nice button down shirt with a tie and dress slacks...WOW, your right they make sound like you are having dinner with the presdient...Thanks for all your advice!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM

Hello Lisa4rose,

Your son could wear shorts to dinner, but not your husband. Shorts can be worn in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, but not for dinner. On formal night, most people are dressed up because of the pictures. On formal night I usually wear a mock turtle neck with a sport jacket if I don't feel like wearing my tux. A tie is not required on formal nights.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, carnival, cruise, dining, dinner, formal, liberty, linercloths, main, night, room, seas, wear