Well here are a few tips:
* Arrive early 11:30 am to 12:30 so you can board ship early, no lines and have some cookies and free lemonaid on the terminal.
* If the soda card is not an option you still have a few juice drinks you can enjoy free, they are limited but you can.
* If you have the route which include Aruba, go to Carlos and Charles
if you can go to the sail away buffet go to the top of the ship, here is the funny part, you can see a few cruisers running from carlos and charles just minutes before they close the ships gangway leaving them on the island.
* Also if you want to party during night,go to the pub on the stairs to the acuarium theme bar, I don't remember its name, but is near their formal restaurant.
* Also on 2006 they had a great show MOSAIC using vocal sampling insted of instruments is incredible.
* there is also Johny Rockets it hava a fee of $3.99, but still a good place to enjoy a Hamburger specially for the kids.
* once I read that someone use to make a reservation on the "portofino" restaurant the night they Sail away from Puerto Rico or one of the island so they can enjoy the view on a Romatic way, I don't know if you can reserve it the very first night of your cruise but I remember that the view of " El Morro" during night is WOW specially if it's an aniversary.
If you can do it from PR
consider to do it on Aruba.