Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 PM

Also, I know I am going to have a great time. I don't doubt R.C.

What this is about is money & Expedia's mistake and/or deceptive itinerary. I wouldn't have paid this much money if I knew I had a day at sea.

If I had booked this cruise for my parents and had to tell them, that oh by the way, we thought you had this many ports and now you have a day at sea--I would feel horrible about that. I just don't trust them anymore and expect more from them.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 AM

I've noticed the same thing about any changes in port times even though I book through an online TA. I really think they get their itinerary information the first time they begin to advertise & never bother to do updates after that. Our cruise only had a change in port time & didn't really make to much difference to me. As far as the obstructed view - I always check the online deck plans that are put up by the cruise line I have never found any big differences. Once aboard ask others if they knew of any change. My thinking is that RC just told you anything in order to calm things down.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Heather_Heather:
we thought you had this many ports and now you have a day at sea--I would feel horrible about that. I just don't trust them anymore and expect more from them.
What is so bad of having a day at sea??

I have the carnival Destiny itinerary this summer and is a new island every day, on my last cruise, last year, I only had a day at sea on the last day of my cruise and it was refreshing.
After an active itinerary, like mine, I actually miss my two days at sea just to rest a little, this time I will stay on the ship.
On st. Thomas I am going to do something I have not done in a long time just enjoy the ship, pools the buffet and of course I will go to heavensight mall but that's all...
Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM

The only thing nice about a day in Nassau is that people get off the ship and leave it to me--a one up from an at sea day! You aren't missing anything, believe me, by not stopping there. We have done fun things there and not so fun things, but the ship is still more fun than Nassau.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-05-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spoheat:
The only thing nice about a day in Nassau is that people get off the ship and leave it to me--a one up from an at sea day! You aren't missing anything, believe me, by not stopping there. We have done fun things there and not so fun things, but the ship is still more fun than Nassau.
spoheat- I thought I was the only person who didn't like stopping at Nassau. Other than snorkeling, gambling or a walk to the straw market there's not much of interest in my opinion. You'd be better off utilizing the pool on the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
book, booked, booking, buy, club, credit, cruise, cruises, expedia, forums, onboard, parents, review, reviews, sams