Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Labadee is a great stop....The only thing you can really do is the new zipline, and wave runners...it's a great place to relax, take a dip, take a nice walk out to the end of the area called Devil's Spit....water comes shooting up from a hole in the rocks...the ship will put on a really good barbeque...there is a local flea market type shopping area...IT CAN BE BRUTUAL....they do grab you and want you to look at their wares....we spent 2 minutes there and got out of there...I didn't think I would enjoy stopping there, but it was a very nice day spent there...Have a GREAT sailing...

Bob E
Old 12-19-2007, 07:40 PM

We did that Adventure of the Seas cruise in April 2006 and loved it. We have been on 3 others and this was our favorite. It is hectic because you stop at 5 ports in 7 days but we enjoyed all of them. Barbados was our favorite. This would be my vote!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 AM

kclvt - my parents were also on the Adventure and loved it. The reason I'm shying away from that cruise is because of the number of ports. I like to enjoy the boat and its activites. Did you happen to notice if there was much to do on the ship while at port (in case we decide to stay on the ship)?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM

We did excursions at each port. Even when we were on the ship my husband and I just enjoyed our balcony.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-20-2007, 07:29 PM
I personally LOVE San Juan and St. Maarten, so I think I'd go with that one, but I'm a big fan of the at-sea days, so I guess for me, ship quality would trump itinerary quality. But I don't know anything about these ships. I guess that wasn't helpful at all! LOL

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 12-21-2007, 05:52 AM

When you're in port, the pools on board are not as crowded, they offer specials in the spas and salons, they do have some activities during the day as well. It's easier to get to use the ammenities (the ones that remain open) on board, because most go ashore.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:31 AM

Hi Mike,

Which ever ship you choose, the Mariner or Liberty, you can't go wrong. I feel the Mariner and Navigator are the best of the Voyager class ships. The Freedom and Liberty are a little larger, and have a few unique features like the H20 Zone and the cantilevered jacuzzi's. Coco Cay and Labadee are beach days. Labadee is the better of the two. There's a lot to do at Labadee: jet sea, zipline, parasailing, and more. It's one of my farvorite stops. There are tenders running back and forth from the ship to the dock every 20 minutes. You can go to my photo site and check out some of my pictures of the Mariner and Liberty cruises if you want: CLICK HERE

Sonny
Old 12-21-2007, 06:43 AM

thanks for the info everyone (and the strong effort cortney - haha)

i enjoy your pics Sonny, thanks

i guess i just need to weight the importantnce of ship quality vs. intinerary vs. departure port

i think ive eliminated the Mariner (due to departure port), so its between the Liberty and Adventure
Old 01-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Not sure how large the Adventure is, is that the same class as the Mariner? Mariner is 90 ft. shorter than Liberty. The Adventure's intinerary is much much better than the Liberty, Barbados is awesome. Antigua, St. Lucia and St. Thomas are also some of the best ports I think. If you are going to do a pre or post stay, San Juan is going to be much better than Miami. Stay on the boat in St. Martin. Been there 5 times, personally sick of that place. In Barbados we did a nice tour of two plantations and did a beach for the second half of the day - Don't do the Malibu Beach Break if you do book one through the ship on Barbados. It's an ugly beach with a rum factory on one side and an uglier ship yard on the other. Can't believe RC sponsors this. I know what you mean about the 5 ports in a row issue. Such a dilema, good luck deciding and have fun!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:59 AM

So what have you decided Mike ? Either way your honeymoon will be fantastic. I have not sailed on the Voyager class ships, but did the Adventure and loved it. It does have great ports, but it is very busy. I realy love the ship when everyone gets off...LOL...my ship then. So sometimes I skip a port and just enjoy the ship. Save money from not flying to San Juan, and try Liberty for me.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006