Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 AM

We are leaving for our 1st cruise Dec. 14th. I have myself all mixed up on whether or not to book the excursions now or wait.
I want to snorkle & do the beaches but I am worried about booking something on line & finding out there are other, better locations at the ports of call. Question... Book on line now or wait till we are on board the ship.??? I dont want to miss out because an excursion is full, but I dont want to be tied into a day, only to find we should have done something else... Help!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 AM

We are leaving for our 1st cruise Dec. 14th. I have myself all mixed up on whether or not to book the excursions now or wait.
I want to snorkle & do the beaches but I am worried about booking something on line & finding out there are other, better locations at the ports of call. Question... Book on line now or wait till we are on board the ship.??? I dont want to miss out because an excursion is full, but I dont want to be tied into a day, only to find we should have done something else... Help!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-07-2008, 12:10 PM

If there is something you would really be disappointed in if you couldn't go, book it now. You usually have enough time to do more than one excursion on an island.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 PM
I always PRE-book my excursions....at least you know what you are getting.....and you will be doing something...If you wait or try to do your own booking on land..you may really be disappointed......yes you can book with the ship...but just remember....if you come back late..the ship sails without you....if you book it thru the ship (at a higher charger of course) the ship will wait for you....Your choice.....A lot of people do there own and have no problems....BUT I've seen people waving good bye to us as the ship sails away because they tried to save a few bucks......Happy sailing no matter what you decide......

Bob E
Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 PM

I see that you are scheduled to be in Cozumel on Tuesday for 9 hrs. and Roatan on Wednesday for 8 hrs. That is plenty of time to get some excellent snorkeling and beach time. Both areas have outstanding snorkeling. Cozumel was heavily damaged by Hurrican Dean but, fortunately, the underwater wonders were left mostly intact. All that aside, if I were going on the same cruise, I would book through the ship on Roatan but I would do Cozumel on my own. Whether you rent a jeep in Cozumel (great fun) or take a taxi (very affordable), you can easily get to Chankanaab national park. There is great snorkeling there with an easy to follow snorkel trail. There are several other places on the island that will rent you equipment and point you to some great snorkeling. Watch out for sea urchins in Cozumel as they tend to thrive there in the shallowest of water. Have fun!!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:22 PM
As a general rule for a new,unfamiliar port where our native language (English) is not predominant-we book thru the cruiseline. If we have been in that port before or are traveling with others familiar with the area and and conversant with the native language we will tend to go off on our own!
You are on a cruise vacation, you should relax and travel as hasssle free as you can. The few dollars you might save going off on your own can come back to bite you big time if a problem should arise.
Why worry? That is what cruising is all about!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread