Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Majesty Oct 22? We're 1st Timers (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/21270-majesty-oct-22-were-1st-timers.html)

vcooley 10-01-2007 08:47 PM

We're going on our first cruise on Oct 22 on Majesty of the Seas for 4 nights. I have a couple of questions...if anyone can answer...

1. Is there anyone on the boards here that are going on this cruise?

2. We are traveling with another couple and somehow got different dinner seatings, we booked through an interline ta and don't know who to contact about getting the other couple switched...HELP!

3. In Nassau what is the best thing to do without spending a ton of money? If you only had $100 to spend for 2 people what would you do?

4. We are just looking for tips since this is our first cruise (all 4 of us are 1st timers). We are arriving on Sunday (don't leave until Monday) so we'll also be in Miami for an entire afternoon/night before.

Thanks for any tips/advice/answers!

Veronica

vcooley 10-01-2007 08:47 PM

We're going on our first cruise on Oct 22 on Majesty of the Seas for 4 nights. I have a couple of questions...if anyone can answer...

1. Is there anyone on the boards here that are going on this cruise?

2. We are traveling with another couple and somehow got different dinner seatings, we booked through an interline ta and don't know who to contact about getting the other couple switched...HELP!

3. In Nassau what is the best thing to do without spending a ton of money? If you only had $100 to spend for 2 people what would you do?

4. We are just looking for tips since this is our first cruise (all 4 of us are 1st timers). We are arriving on Sunday (don't leave until Monday) so we'll also be in Miami for an entire afternoon/night before.

Thanks for any tips/advice/answers!

Veronica

Sandy 10-01-2007 09:04 PM

Hi Veronica, and welcome to Cruise Chat!

Congratulations on going on your first cruise. You can expect to get hooked on cruising! You're all going to have a great time. Going with friends is a lot of fun.

I'm not going on your cruise, but have cruised on Majesty of the Seas several times. It's a great ship, even better now since its recent refurbishment and renovation.

Contact the travel agent who booked your cruises, and tell him/her that you and your traveling companions want to eat together, and which seating (Main or Second) you prefer. The agent should call Royal Caribbean, move one couple to the other seating, and make sure Royal Caribbean has your booking numbers cross referenced, so that you're put at the same table. Also, you can request a table for 4, 6 or 8 people. While it's just a request, you may as well note your preference and Royal Caribbean will try to get you at your preferred table size.

In Nassau, it really depends on what you like to do. You can see the shore excursions that are offered, if you go to Royal Caribbean's web site, click on "Before You Board" and then "Land and Shore Excursions." The last few times I was in Nassau, I just walked around town, poking into stores, looking through the Straw Market, etc. You can take a water taxi to Paradise Island, or take a shore excursion to see the big Atlantis Hotel. Lots of different things from which to choose, or do your own thing.

I would arrive at the pier by about 12:30pm on Monday. As soon as the ship has been cleared from the previous cruise, they'll start letting people on the ship, and that's really when your vacation starts.

Have a great time, and do come back and tell us how you enjoyed it.

Sandy

vcooley 10-02-2007 05:48 PM

Sandy thanks for the advice! I can't wait until we leave for Miami...it can't come soon enough! If anyone else has any other tips I'd love to hear them!

Thanks
Veronica

electech 10-02-2007 07:10 PM

Hello and congratulations. You are going to have a great time!! I would call the TA who did the booking and if there is no help there, call up Royal Caribbean and find someone to talk with there. If I am not mistaken, they may be able to take care of it on the ship as well. I would try to fix it before I arrived though if possible. Take plenty of pictures so you can take a break from all the talking about how great the cruise was and just show folks the pictures!!! LOL!! http://images7.fotki.com/v142/photos...33/lol2-vi.gif I still remember our first cruise like it was yesterday! It has been a number of years since I have been to Nassau so I will pass on any information here as mine would not be up to date. As someone has said, arrive by noon and then you will be onboard and your adventure will start. Have a great time.

penny3333 10-03-2007 06:54 AM

Hi Veronica, welcome aboard. Some fun things to do in Miami are, of course, South Beach. The Crandon Park Zoo, Villa Viscaya (John Deere estate)and the Miami Seaquarium. In Nassau, take a cab over to Paradise Island (across the bridge) and visit the Atlantis. There is a public beach right next door. I like the straw market as Sandy mentioned. Also, the queen's staircase is interesting. These can all be done for little money. Have a wonderful cruise!

MCPayne 10-07-2007 04:10 PM

You all are going to love the cruise on board the Majesty. I got back Friday from my cruise on the Majesty and had a great time.

If you guys are not able to get your dining seating so that you can all sit together, on board, they will be handling dining change requests up until 3:30 in either of the dining rooms (I think). You can inquire about this when you check in, and they should tell you what to do about dining room seating change requests.