Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2002, 09:55 AM

Hi everyone! Sailing on Adventure of the Seas 4/27/03. Sailed on Grandeur this April & had Cat C..loved it! This cruise is more pricey, so I booked an Oceanview Cat I on Deck 2. Anyone stayed in Cat I on Deck 2 on the Megaships? My main question is did you like being down there, and was it too low to the water? How is the deck itself with noise and the elevators? Is the deck itself decorated nicely? I need your help! Thanks! Sharon
Old 11-01-2002, 09:55 AM

Hi everyone! Sailing on Adventure of the Seas 4/27/03. Sailed on Grandeur this April & had Cat C..loved it! This cruise is more pricey, so I booked an Oceanview Cat I on Deck 2. Anyone stayed in Cat I on Deck 2 on the Megaships? My main question is did you like being down there, and was it too low to the water? How is the deck itself with noise and the elevators? Is the deck itself decorated nicely? I need your help! Thanks! Sharon
Old 11-02-2002, 09:53 AM

Hi Sharon,
I did stay on Deck 2 category I midship on the Explorer of the Seas and found it to be pleasant. Noise and movement were both minimal, and I did not feel like I was "in the dungeon". As the conference center (which was seldom used on my particular cruise) is located on that deck, it was relatively quiet, and there was no foot traffic to speak of - decor was similar to other cabin areas. I would assume the Adventure would be the same.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-02-2002, 09:53 AM

I sailed the Adventure and had cabin number 2300, deck 2, and we loved it! You do not even know you are sailing, it is so smooth down there. We only had to walk up one or two flights to be where everything is, or of course, used the elevator. It was so quiet down there also.
We liked it so much down there, that we have chosen deck 2 for our cruise coming up soon, and deck 3 for our future cruise. (These cabins are identical to the ones you pay more for, just to be on a higher deck.)
We had the cabin under the photo studio, because we knew it would close early, and there would not be any noise overhead.
I hope this has helped you.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:30 AM

We have always had outside cabins on deck 2 (category I). They are of the same size and decor as most other outside cabins on the megaships. The hallways on decks 2 and 3 appear quite similar to those on higher decks. It is very quiet on these decks, never had a problem. I would be careful, however, not to book a cabin directly below a public room such as the dining room or kitchen. I never understood why people are willing to pay so much more to be on a higher deck when the rooms are similar. I also think there is less movement felt on the lower decks, especially midship.

Closed Thread

Tags
close, deck, explorer, ont, seas, tot, water