Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:34 AM

Hi all
this looks like a great site!! booked freedoom of the seas w/RCI directly.D1 suite #1400 rear of the ship deck 10,is that a good place to be? some ? i have...how r upgrades awarded? why r they awarded?
should i keep an eye on prices ...how often? our trip is 4/25/2010..7 days eastern carrib from port canaveral....also considering 5 day cruise to save a little $ on ship like Navigator.. could save about $1300.00 and get larger cabin.
Thanks for the forum & your help !!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM

Welcome to Cruise Chat.
The Freedom is a great ship. It looks like you picked a nice corner balcony. Since you are in an assigned cabin it isn't likely that you will get upgraded. Upgrades are usually given to those that book into a "guarantee" (unassigned cabin). Your cruise is over a year away so it is likely the price could drop. You may want to check from time to time on Royal Caribbean's website. As it gets closer to the cruise if the ship isn't filling they may have bigger price reductions. The Navigator is also a nice ship. The Freedom is larger and has some amenities like the Flowrider that the Navigator doesn't.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 PM

Hello tonyv, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Even if you had a guarantee booking, you wouldn't be upgraded any higher than a D-1. I think you'll like the corner aft cabin. You get a huge balcony compared to a regular D-1 balcony. Price usually fluctuate, so keep an eye on the RCCL web site. The Freedom is bigger than the Navigator, but it's not that noticeable to me. The main difference is the Flowrider, H2O Zone, and the cantilevered jacuzzis.

Sonny
Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM

I booked them freedom last year and then cancelled it because I thought it was to expensive. I have regreted it ever since. This time I'm going to book the Oasis of the seas no matter how much I won't cancel. Learnt the hard way, lets face it we only live once.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2009, 05:43 PM

ooops! Sorry about all the poor spelling. I will try to pay more attention next time. heehee

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
ooops! Sorry about all the poor spelling. I will try to pay more attention next time. heehee
No worries! It looks perfectly fine to me. Thank goodness we are not too critical about spelling and typos here, or I'd be saying (oops!) every other post.

Dwayne
Old 01-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tttrrr:
I booked them freedom last year and then cancelled it because I thought it was to expensive. I have regreted it ever since. This time I'm going to book the Oasis of the seas no matter how much I won't cancel. Learnt the hard way, lets face it we only live once.
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

I am still crying that I had to cancel my cruise trip for this summer, but I am waiting until april to book it again for 2010.

Closed Thread