Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2006, 07:18 AM

Just curious to know if anyone has sailed on this in a deck 9 stateroom. We were just notified that the cabin is 50 partially obstructed and wonder what it is. The cruise line doesn't elaborate and I feel we should get a refund. When we booked it was for a Superior Ocean view and we avoided deck 8 because it was obstructed.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this. There are 8 cabins in our group and we sail Dec 26th.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:36 AM

I haven't been on the Sovereign in many years but on the Majesty, the SO category is only on deck 9 and the view is of the rigging of the lifeboats. Deck 8 cabins look directly at the lifeboats. We weren't even told that the cabins were 50% obstructed but the only view we had was when we were looking straight ahead.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:35 PM

Hey dschwab

The cabin on deck 9 that is abstructed partially is 9504. Its about 50%. Its still considered a Superior Ocean view because of its size and all. I have sailed on this ship several times and you won't be disappointed with the ship. The cabins on deck 9 do have a better view than those on deck 8 even 9504. The cabins are also slightly larger on deck 9 than deck 8. For me I am only in my cabin to sleep and rest. I have found that I spend very little time looking out the window anyway. I am going on her for the 3rd time this year on Nov 27th and I am considering again on Dec 15th.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-04-2006, 04:46 AM

Actually we are in 9580-8582 9568 9082 and we are told they are 50% obstructed while many others are listed as 15% obatructed. 9504 is 50pct obstructed. For some reason they are changing the next brochure print to reflect this...They say the guest have been complaining and I want to know if anyone who has complained can tell me what the ship did for them.
Deb
Old 11-04-2006, 05:33 AM

Well I have been in 9580 before and other than looking at the life boat you still get a good view. But I still think you will find you are not in the room alot during the day and at night you'll find you are asleep if you are in the cabin. If any of you like lamb I recommend you try it on the ship. Its served usually on the first night.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-04-2006, 05:40 AM

If you get a balcony cabin you rarely have an obstructed view. If view is important to you, get the balcony. It is nice to wake up and sit there hearing the waves crash against the bow and listen to the sound of the ship's wake.

Port holes and window, even when unobstructed really present you with a very small view of the outside world. In port it is almost totally useless to have a window because you are so close to the pier and the buildings etc.

IF you know you have an obstructed view try to work with the cruise line to get a better price. These are usually negotiable.

I agree with the post that the cabin is for sleeping and of course for showering. Room service to me is only useful if you have a balcony where you can sit comfortably.

At any rate, have a great time and enjoy your cruise!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:40 PM

Hey dschwab

One other piece of advise. I really would not be sweating the veiw of the room because if you get yourself to worked up about it might cause you to think badly of the cruise. Like I have stated before the cabin is for rest and bathing. Just go and HAVE a GREAT time and quit fretting. It is a wonderful ship

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cabin, caribbean, caribian, carribbean, carribean, cruise, deck, lines, majesty, obstructed, review, rooms, royal, sea, view