Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Just got off the Oasis yesterday and thought I would offer a few notes for anyone who has not been on her yet in the form of a mini review. We have cruised on Voyageur and Radiance class before.

Embarkation: Best ever. We were on the ship in 25 minutes and that included waiting 10 minutes as we were there around 11. We used the platinum line but it did not make any difference.

Disembarkation: Again best ever. We used the walk off service and were off the ship in 5 minutes including customs.

Cabin: Deck 10 D2 - very similar to the cabins we have had on other ships. We had adjoining balconies. Opening up the divider between balconies was very nice. Liked the bathroom - seemed slightly larger than other ships and liked the night light feature. Our room had the couch next to the closet which I liked much better than the kids room which had the bed next to the closet - it was easier to get to the closet in our cabin.

Technology: Loved the interactive TV and the way finding screens around the ship. Being able to look on the screens to see how busy the restaurants was very useful.

Food: Slightly disappointed in the dining room. Not sure why exactly. Service was excellent. We are not very adventurous eaters and it felt like we were eating off the alternative menu a lot. The food was very good though. We did not eat at any pay restaurants. Park Cafe was our favorite. The Windjammer was the same as always, although I am not sure it was smaller than other ships... it seemed larger to me (when both sides were taken into account)As opposed to other cruises we never got tired of eating. On other cruises we tired of the Windjammer but there were so many other venues it always seemed like there was something new to try. Bought the soda package again. This is the first cruise I felt I wasted my money. The lemonade was so readily available at different areas of the ship I rarely had a soda.

Neighbourhoods: Great concept that has been well executed. Central park was our favorite. It was so quiet and peaceful. It was like walking into a library... there was never any loud voices or screaming children (or adults). The boardwalk was fun and the Royal Promenade amazing as was the Solarium.

Shows: Best we have seen on a ship. The comedians were both great as was Hairspray. The ice show is also not to be missed.

There was very little to dislike or complain about on this ship. Moving the jogging track away from the lounge chairs was a good idea but it seemed like they buried it in the bowels of the ship. It would have been nice to give the joggers/walkers a view of something other than the lifeboats. Our Oasis of Dreams show was understandably cancelled due to high winds but was rescheduled to the end of a port day and the time overlapped with dinner - tough to reschedule with all of the other things going on. That's it, I can't come up with anything else to complain about.

Great ship, great crew, we have a new favorite ship.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:53 PM

Thanks Wilson, for an excellent review!

Dwayne
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 AM

Hey Wilson, sounds like you had a great time on the Oasis, and thanks for the mini review.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Welcome back, Wilson Sounds like you had a great time! Thank you so very much for your review, it was a pleasure to read. So, where's your next adventure?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Hey Wilson (I really wanted to say that and I did out loud {the wife thinkis I'm nuts}).

Did you say Night Lights?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Thanks everyone.

Penny.. Next adventure??? Considering a 12 day to Hawaii. Maybe the Allure and also pondering the Mariner out of L.A.

Bill( or should I say Hidy Ho Neighbour) - the bathroom light switch has a small red light so you can find it in the night. More importantly the when the light switch is off the light dims to about the level of a night light. Just bright enough to do make a bathroom run in the night but not bright enough to blind you or wake up anyone up.

Anyone else who has been on Oasis: what's up with the windows in the dining room. The middle panel is magnefied..is there a practical purpose for this. I also could not find a GPS channel on the TV did I miss it? I really like being able to see where we are.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 AM

We did not have a gps on our tv last year on the Adventurer of the Seas if I remember and I did enjoy that as well.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, alternative, bed, cabin, central, closet, cruise, disembarkation, low, menu, oasis, park, review, seas, ship, view