Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 07:54 AM

I am aware that the food at the two top-notch restaurants and Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and the burger joint are an extra charge. I would however like to find out if the other places to eat, including pool area eateries, are an extra charge. If my kids don't want to eat in the dining room every night, are there places to eat at no charge?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 AM

Hi, we sailed on Freedom in november and the 'free' food was excellent, we had considered eating at chops and portofina but the quality was great in the dining room especially as they have anytime dining. There was free icecream on the pooldeck which was nice (but I must admit not as nice as ben and jerrys) and the windjammer buffet served great breakfasts, there were burgers everyday for lunch if you want to avoid johnny rockets, we only went up there once at dinner time for some sushi but there was still a wide choice, and the coffee shop on the royal promenade is open 24 hours for sandwiches, cakes and cookies (and delicious white chocolate donuts in the mornings), sorrentos is open from 11 am until late and serves nice pizza, antipasto and deserts. Over the 7 days we did not spend anything on food, wish the same could be said about alcohol!!, I'm sure you will enjoy it and be able to find food to suit everyones tastes.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Hi New, As Richy said there is free food galore and in many venues. Your kids will have no problem eating whenever they want. Windjammer is the name of the buffet and it's large and has a wide variety for every taste. The dining room in my opinion is the best place for really good food and I like the social aspects and the amazing service provided better than the buffet but if I were a kid again I might feel differently.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-26-2008, 07:31 AM

I think your kids will like dining in the main dining room, the waiters know how to keep them amused. The Windjammer will have a great selection of food, close to what is being served in the main dining room. The places to eat that you mentioned, are the the only places you pay. If you order room service, tipping a few bucks would be appreciated; there is no charge for room service.

Sonny
Old 01-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Administrator

We've taken to having dinner once per cruise in the Windjammer, mostly for me to assess the quality. I was very much impressed by the food and service on the Freedom and the Liberty. As Sonny points out, they'll have many of the same things as being offered in the dining room that night. For instance, if prime rib is on the menu in the dining room you can expect to see it in the Windjammer that night too. A great dessert bar is set up too. Very pleasant alternative if you don't want to sit in the dining room some night, or if you want to do something that conflicts with your assigned seating.

Closed Thread

Tags
charges, dining, eat, extra, food, free, freedom, good, healthy, places, restaurants, sea, seaa, seas, served, windjammer