Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 05:35 PM
am i right in saying that rccl have messed up our flight arrangements as we fly out on the 18th april from manchester to chicago then our connecting flight to miami is only 90 mins from our arrival time in chicago.
contacted rccl but there just passing the buck on too aa.saying its not there fault.am i worrying to much ????????????
i am sure someone here can give me advice to how long it takes to get through customs and board another flight.thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Chris,

I know every time someone on the forum staff defends RCI, we get accused of being in the cruise line's hip pocket. However...

When any cruise line does your air (and you didn't pay extra for air deviations), they are not making individual bookings to suit the passengers. They buy blocks of seats at discounted rates which means the airline gets to choose which seats and flights you are on. They obviously have an obligation to book you on flights that, by the airlines schedule, will get you to the cruise port in time - assuming the schedule will be attainable.

Please tell me you are not flying from the UK to Miami such that you arrive on the same day the cruise leaves, but rather that you are flying into Miami the day before the cruise departs.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
i am not that daft, stupid may be!!we fly from manchester to chicago the day before arriving there at 1pm but then our flight leaves chicago for miami 90 mins later

Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

This is why I always insist on doing my own air - so I can have at least some control over my connections. A 90 minute window on a flight from the UK is pushing it.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:46 PM

You shouldn't have to go through customs. Your luggage should be checked straight though to Miami. When you get off the plane in Chicago you should be able to walk right over to you boarding gate. We are doing the same scenairo in two weeks. Milwaukee to Chicago, Chicago to Miami. We have a 90 time gap too. I'm not worried. To ease your mind, you might want to call the airline and mention your concernI think they'll tell you what I just did. Let us know what they say.

Sonny
Old 04-01-2008, 05:45 AM
hi sonny if its anything like last year when we changed at chicago to conect to LA, it was a nightmare we had to wait for our lugagage check it back in,go through customs dont forget were not american so we get treated like a minority or terorist or something. then after all that, they lost all our lugage. so know ask me why im worried. especially when its our wedding on the liberty.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:23 AM

Congratulations on your wedding! I would think your luggage would be checked through to Miami as well, but do check with the airlines to make sure. A 90 minute window to get through customs would make it tight. It could be done, but it would be tight. Please believe me, TSA treats US citizens like terrorists as well, they don't discriminate against non-US residents. They've searched my hubby more than once because he wears orthodics in his shoes. Here's hoping for a perfect flight, perfect weather, perfect marriage, and a wonderful cruise!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:28 AM
thamks penny. let you all know how we all get on. 17 days to go

Old 04-04-2008, 05:06 PM
contacted aa and there reaction was that i was cutting it fine catching our conecting flight.can not beleive it.they the arses who gave us the flights in the first place.
wont be using rccl to book our flights ever again.

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, connecting, flight, flying, manchester, miami