Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 09:16 AM

There is a "Ultimate Canal Cruise" departing Jan 02,2007, on the Brilliance of the Seas. It does R/T from Miami. On there website, it says it is "Panama Canal Cruising" for a day, but then it also says it is tendered. So, now I am confused? I know there are some cruises that only go into the 1st lock, instead of complete transit. If it only goes into the first lock, does it turn around and go back out, or what. If anyone has any input, it would be apprecitated. Has anyone done this cruise on anyother ship. Thanks, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-26-2005, 09:16 AM

There is a "Ultimate Canal Cruise" departing Jan 02,2007, on the Brilliance of the Seas. It does R/T from Miami. On there website, it says it is "Panama Canal Cruising" for a day, but then it also says it is tendered. So, now I am confused? I know there are some cruises that only go into the 1st lock, instead of complete transit. If it only goes into the first lock, does it turn around and go back out, or what. If anyone has any input, it would be apprecitated. Has anyone done this cruise on anyother ship. Thanks, Lil' Lori

Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM

Lil' Lori,

the ship will enter the Panama Canal through the locks and will cruise the Gatun Lake before leaving the Canal / Gatun Lake through the same locks again.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-26-2005, 11:33 AM

Once the ship has climbed the three Gatun locks into Gatun Lake, it will tender those on shore excursions into the Gatun Lake Yacht Club where they will board their various means of transportation. Those that are not on the ship's sponsored shore excursion cannot get off the ship.

In the afternoon the ship will go back down the Gatun locks and cruise to Cristobal Pier where the passengers that took shore excursion will be picked up. While there is shopping in the cruise terminal, there isn't much more to do at Cristobal Pier.

The bottom line is that I would suggest signing up for one of the ship's shore excursion for the day.

I hope that helps.

Tom
Old 10-28-2005, 06:41 PM

Hello,

I am going to respectfully disagree with Tom at least just a little bit. I found the stop at Cristobal interesting in that the Panamanians put on some free shows, there was some interesting shopping, and it was fun to see the Panamaians wearing some truly beautiful clothes.

Tom, don't be angry!

Fred
Old 10-28-2005, 08:48 PM

fruby, not at all, in fact you are right. I didn't mean to downplay the excitment of the Cristobal Cruise terminal. There is great shopping, entertainment, an Internet Cafe, bars, a restaurant and tons going on. You are also right about the free shows too.

Tom
Old 10-30-2005, 09:08 AM

Thanks everyone for you input. Any other ides welcomed. Lil' Lori

Closed Thread

Tags
canal, cruise, ultimate