Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 PM

On Liberty we are booked for room D1 - 9618.
We are thinking we want to change it to a Junior Suite so we can increase our cruise credits quicker. The JS rooms that are available are 9570 or 1378. Of these, which do you think would be a better location? Or do you think we should just keep our D1 room?

Thank you

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 11-11-2007, 12:29 PM

That depends on where you spend most of your time. If you spend more time up on the pool deck, etc, then you would be only a few flights of stairs away if you booked the stateroom on the 9th level. That would save you lots of time. I personally enjoy the view from the higher levels.

Good luck,

Brad

Old 11-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Given the two cabins you listed I'd personally lean toward 9570 because there are cabins above and below you. It's also relativly mid-ship which many find desirable for access to different areas of the ship and a little less motion.

I've seen Sonny and others here post that the aft balconies are often larger so the other deck 10 cabin may also have some advantages. Just be aware that it's directly below a dining room. Not a major factor like being under the disco would be but something to consider.

Don't really have an opinion on whether the D1 or JS would be a better choice. Depends as Wheels said on what you prefer and of course if it fits the budget to move up and gain the extra C&A sailing credit.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-11-2007, 02:12 PM

The stern is the very back of the ship, the aft is the rear part of the ship. It's the very back of the ship that has larger balconies. 1378 not at the back of the ship, it's a little more that half way between the elevators and the rear of the ship. Being on deck 10 would be my choice because you don't have to use the elevator to go up to the Windjammer or the pool area, which is on deck eleven. 9570 is more midship on deck nine. If I had your choice, I'd choose 1378.

Sonny

Old 11-11-2007, 02:36 PM

All things considered I'd go with Sonny's recommendation. He's far more knowledgable than I on this subject. In fact if I'd booked myself into 9570 I'd now change my own reservation to 1378.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-11-2007, 05:11 PM

This shows you how ignorant I am because I mistakenly was thinking that 1378 was near the bottom. I know that there aren't any guest staterooms on the 1st floor, only crew, but I didn't think it through. Sorry.

Brad

Old 11-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Thanks a lot guys! Your opinions are a great help. This is only our second cruise and we ended up getting a really nice but a ding bat of a travel agent. We thought we had our ducks in a row when we went to see her, but now want to make changes and don't know if we should. It would probably just confuse her even more! She didn't even save us any money off of what the website price is. I thought that's what a travel agent was for?

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 11-11-2007, 07:02 PM

Wesnlin, I'd rather have a nice ding bat than a rude competent agent, but both nice and capable would be even better.

Travel agents are not really for getting you a better rate but again it's nice when they're able to. RCCL has very few promotions that allow any agency a pricing advantage over another, or the price direct. Some lines do reward large booking agencies with exclusive rate codes only available to those preferred agencies that do a great job of filling ships for them when they need it. RCCLs way is actually a fairer program but I work for one of the mega-agencies that benefit from programs of the others so I can't really complain. The only time you'll ever see rate variance on any RCCL pricing throughout the industry is if an agency buys blocks of cabins (purchased as group rate but then sold as individual bookings through the agencies). Very few of these are purchased from RCCL because there are other cruiselines that have better discounts and amenities in return from the sizable investment needed to do this. So, the rates are the rates. By the way I cruise with RCCL and as an agent even I don't get special rates on the vast majority of my own bookings. I pay what you pay. There are ships and dates where they will give me a break but they're never the ones I want.

Hope this helps, have a great vacation!

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-11-2007, 07:59 PM

Weslin,

Check your private message section.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
1378, 7223, 9570, cabin, carnival, cruise, freedom, junior, liberty, navigator, reviewn, reviews, seas, stateroom, suite