Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 10:43 AM

Can someone inform us of prices of drinks, alcohol drinks on the cruise boat, bottles of wine, rhum, beers, margaritas, etc.?? Is it true that on island, we can not bring bottles of alcohols on the ship, but we can bring Coke, Sevenup etc.??

Thank you
Old 03-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Well when I was on the AOS (2006):
Drinks were a little expensive,
as I remember like $8 dollars for a Pi~a colada I am not a drinker so I really don't know about the others drinks, but if you bring alcohol back from port, they will not let you have it until next saturday the day before ending your cruise.

As for the coke I think the answer is NO also...

But you can buy a soda card for $45 and use it all week and is way better than pay for a coke everytime, just go to the bar and ask for the soda card.
During your first day of cruising,as you embark from PR, probably they will sell it around 5 pm. in front of the windjammer.
I remember they even give you a RCCL glass, a nice one, as a gift if you buy the soda card the very first day of cruising.

I hope this help
Old 03-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Yes, you can buy the "coke stamp" that they place upon your Seapass card that you show the bartender. The MAJOR problem is that, then, they give you this SMALL cooler-type tumbler that you have to use; whehn they fill it with ice, you end up getting maybe two onces of soda-unless you drink a TON of soda, and time to get up every couple minutes to refill the tumbler, as I have said before, this "stamp" is a MAJOR rip off.
You will find that you can "buy", with your normally un-stamped seapass card, an entire can of soda, ask for a glass of ice, and only spend maybe $1.50 each time. This is a way better deal if you're an adult. My wife and I bought the stamp on our first cruise, and found that,with all the iced tea available at meals, we couldn't drink $90 worth of soda in a month, let alone 7 days.
Walk right past this sale outside Windjammer on the first day-not worth your time or money.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:31 AM
well For me It work,
Is easy, you don't have to carry anything with you, you just go to the bar and ask for a coke with no ice...
Also I never had problems getting less ice, just ask, you don't need to use the glass they gave you when you buy the soda card
It worth for the money depending on how much coke you drink and it work especially on the restaurant
Old 03-16-2008, 10:40 AM

If you think you will drink the equivalent of about 3 or 4 cokes a day then get the card. You don't have to carry the tumbler around. My husband never does. You just show your card with the stamp on it. They will put the coke in a regular glass. Size may vary depending what bar you get it at. As posted above, just say you don't want ice or little ice. You can bring a limited amount of your own coke onboard. My niece brought on caffiene free diet coke which the ship doesn't carry. A Daquiri is more like $5.95 or $6.25. You don't have to take the souvenir glass all the time either. Which you are paying more when you get it in the souvenir glass. Just tell them you want whatever drink, but not in a souvenir glass.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:59 AM

I never had a problem bringing any soft drink or bottled water aboard any RCI or any other ship.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, the soda stamp was placed on your SeaPass, therefore it was easy to grab a soda at the bar or in any of the dining rooms.

You do get a complimentary mug with the purchase, but you aren't required to use it each time you need a soda.

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, adventurer, caribbean, coke, cruise, cup, drink, drinks, easy, everytime, prices, rcl, royal, sea, seas, souvenir, wine