Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2003, 02:55 PM

I have seen cabin stewards diving through luggage when they were given just a little upon arrival. My husband and I leave on Sunday and I always carry lots of ones for tipping in cash. Amazing what a little cash and a great big smile will do. Everyone is right when they say pack something in your carry on to change into when ready to go to dinner or wear that on the trip out. Nice slacks and a blouse are prefetly accecptable for that first evening on most cruises. How dirty can you get on the plane?
You will have a wonderful time.....don't fret!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:10 PM

I'm responding to MMKETEER regarding a backpack and carry-on. We just came back from 2 weeks on Hawaii land trips, and all but 2 planes out of 9 (getting there, back, and island hopping) would a backpack and carryon not cut it. If you're flying to the ship, obey these guidelines carefully, or you could be sorry in more than 1 way.
Domestic air-50 pounds and 60 inches to be safe (some are up to 62). $25 extra for 51-70 lbs.
International air-70 pounds and 60 inches. A combination of both domestic and international, they abide by the international. Over 70 pounds, $85. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS PER FLIGHT. FLYING 3 SEGMENTS, MULTIPLY BY 3.

We met someone that brought her "boogie board" with her. It only cost her $90 new, and they charged extra baggage, and $85 each way.

They don't let you combine weight under any circumstances.

We also fly out of Tampa, as we live about 1-1/2 hours North. Do what security says, and above all, don't talk back. Nothing is the same for the airports you go through. You'll need passports or ID and 3-4 points at 1 airport, and only need it checked once at another. Not knowing what we would encounter, always have it ready. Hope this is a little help to people that are flying with cruising.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:14 PM

I forgot to mention that 60 inches is length + width + height. For the most part, if you have expandable luggage, you can't open it, or it would go over, also if you stuff front pockets.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:12 PM

actually...I checked with www.TSA.com (the Transportation Security Administration) under Travel Preperations and it does state...

"Pack Smart
Plan Ahead - Pack Smart

Carry-on Baggage is a small piece of luggage you take onboard the airplane with you. You are allowed one carry-on in addition to one personal item such as a laptop computer, purse, small backpack, briefcase, or camera case."

......Meaning you can have a carry-on and a small backpack or purse which ever you choose.
So, I don't know about anyone else but I am sticking with my carry-on and backpack plan even though I usually drive to Port Canverial. I will be flying however to Miami in September to RCCL ship.

Mmketeer

Mmketeer

Closed Thread

Tags
carry, luggage