Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2003, 03:48 AM

I know the limits the cruiseline places on carry on luggage, but do we really have to give up our luggage at the terminal? Last time we cruised, we were planning to carry our luggage on board (it was only a 3 day cruise) but he persuaded us to give them up, then expected a tip from us. It took hours before our luggage showed up. Do most people do carry on? This will be a 7 day cruise this time.

Amy
Old 03-14-2003, 03:48 AM

I know the limits the cruiseline places on carry on luggage, but do we really have to give up our luggage at the terminal? Last time we cruised, we were planning to carry our luggage on board (it was only a 3 day cruise) but he persuaded us to give them up, then expected a tip from us. It took hours before our luggage showed up. Do most people do carry on? This will be a 7 day cruise this time.

Amy
Old 03-14-2003, 01:14 PM

Although I leave most of my luggage to be delivered to my cabin - I always bring a carry on with clothing/toiletries, etc. that will get me through the first afternoon and evening - then I don't fret about when the rest will be delivered.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-22-2003, 01:25 PM

I read somewhere (perhaps here on this board?) that along with your carry-on, don't forget to bring the biggest purse/beachbag you can carry (And hubby can tote the same or else a briefcase). Stuff it as full as you can just in case your checked luggage is delayed or goes a.w.o.l.

Today i dug out a bunch of denim and other scraps and am sewing the biggest and most ridiculous looking purse you can imagine I've sewn many things before but never a purse!
Old 03-22-2003, 01:51 PM

Emily, if you make it too big, the security folks may question its identity as a purse, and may require you to check your carryon. I would advise keeping it closer to purse-size (although large purse-size should be ok.)
Old 03-27-2003, 05:55 PM

How do they know to take my luggage to my room? Do I need to put something on the luggage for that? --Charity

Honeymoon Cruise
RCI, Voyager of the Seas June 29 - July 6, 2003
Old 03-27-2003, 08:47 PM

When you get your cruise tickets, they'll give you color coded luggage tags, and you fill out all the information on the tage, including your cabin number. The colors direct where the luggage is to go on the ship, and you disembark the ship by colors as well. Hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the advice Karen! I checked with the airlines and got the exact dimensions they allow for carryon, and made my "cruise bag" exactly 1 inch less than the max height, max length, and max depth.

We'll see if this works! LOL
Old 04-21-2003, 06:34 PM

I stayed the night before in a hotel so I carried two big bags on with me. One was a shopping bag packed full and another was a large carry on I use for my airline travel. I didn't need to though because if you stay the night before I've learned you get your bags at your door fairly early. And don't listen to them about when you can board. We listened and sorry we did. Many got to the ship by noon and were permitted on. They told us they'd make us wait in the sun, but that didn't happen to those who got their earlier. They just need time to change the ship over for the next weeks guests.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:18 AM

Hi,

My personal experince is that it's sooo much easier to let them deliver it to your room. I always cruise DCL, but I assume the same will be true when we travel with RCCL. I usually tip my cabin stewart a nice tip as soon as I meet them so they'll bring my bags ASAP. This has worked 5 out of the 6 times that I have cruised, so I feel it's definitly worth it since 5 out the 6 times I cruised formal night was the very first night!

As for carry-on...a def. must do! Pack any and all essentials like a simple foldable sundress and or a change of clothes (incase your bag does get lost...especially if you fly in). Wouldn't you hate to have to show up to dinner in shorts if they can't find your bags by the aerly seating!

The other thing I have on my shoulder is a backpack. I usually skip the purse thing and do a backpack to board with instead. I use small purses, so this always gives me a bit more storge room for a camera, cruise docs, my small purse or wallet and medicines.

Carry the carry-on and throw the backpack on your back. You should still be able to have at least one hand free.

Look for me on the Voyager in Sept. I'll be the one in shorts w/ a black carry-on and a Disney leather backpack! <BG>

Hope this helps....

Mmketeer

Mmketeer

Closed Thread

Tags
carry, luggage