Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 04:29 PM

My wife and I are sailing on the AOS in June and am looking to rent a tux. On the RC website it refers you to a company that rents them out. My wife and I are celebrating our 1st year anniversary on that cruise (after having our honeymoon on her ). I don't feel like buying one, so my question is...is the quality good enough to make it worth the $85? We want to get spiffied up for the formal dinner since it will be our anniversary.
Marc
Old 02-28-2008, 04:51 PM

I guess I'm outside the mainstream on this. I just don't want to wear someone elses clothing. For about twice the cost of the rental you can buy a decent tux. For less you can buy a good new black suit. With mens clothing outlets everywhere now I'd buy one or the other so for anniversaries and other special occasions to come you have it. My wife forced me to go out and buy a new suit for my last cruise. We went to Burlington Coat Factory and got a name brand 100% worsted wool, black suit for under $150. including the alterations. I didn't need it, have several in my closet, she just loves shopping for an upcoming cruise. It's part of the fun for her so I go along and pretend to enjoy myself. Gives us an oppt'y to get out of the house for the day and enjoy each others company too. When you're done with the shopping take her to dinner, the part I don't have to pretend to enjoy. Then when the alterations are done and you go to pick it up you get another dinner oppt'y with your lovely bride. Beats taking the time to have the fitting, alterations and the rest done onboard and taking up valuable vacation time.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 AM

Hi there,
We have rented tuxes 3 times for my husband and step son and we actually found it really convenient. As we were travelling from the UK we didn't have to find the space for the suits in our luggage (particularly with us spending a second week in Florida, and stricter luggage weight restrictions) and they are delivered to your stateroom on the first day, nicely pressed (try them on as soon as you can to make sure they fit becasue the onboard tailor can sort you out with different sizes but they have a limited stock, or alterations. Our tailor was very friendly and helpful). The quality is OK they never had any complaints and they looked really smart! You get 2 shirts for the $85 for a seven night cruise for both formal nights. On our last cruise they also hired waistcoats (I think for an extra $20 and you get a coloured tie as well to match which looked good too. Then the day after the last formal night they collect the suits from your stateoom. It isn't the same as havving your own tux, but I would recommend it for convenience.
Happy cruising

Tracy

Closed Thread

Tags
burlington, caribbean, carribean, coat, coattux, cost, cruise, factory, fee, hire, purchasing, rental, rentals, reviews, royal, tux, tuxedo