Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2006, 11:02 AM

Ok I was looking on the Carnival board and it seems like it is possible to get an upgraded cabin without any extra costs. All you have to do is call and keep checking. Is this true? We have a panoramic view balcony in freedom already and we have never had a suite. So I thought this would be great if we could. Ok so please can somebody help out?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:46 AM

Robyn,

this is an excellent article on upgrades. The cruise won't give you an update because you're a nice person or because they would like to do something special for you. They give upgrades because it makes economic sense.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-13-2006, 12:21 PM

I've been on 29 Royal Caribbean cruises and never got an upgrade. Because I'm a Crown and Anchor diamond plus member I get a call from Royal Caribbean a couple of weeks before my cruise. At that time they ask me what amenities I want delivered to my room, plus, I'm suppose to get an upgrade if there is one available. The upgrade hasn't happened yet. I heard of people getting upgrades, but it not on a ship that is fully booked. If you do get an upgrade, go out and buy a lottery ticket.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Administrator

I've never been upgraded and unless I was getting a larger cabin in the deal, I wouldn't want an upgrade. I prefer to select my cabin and stick with it. An upgrade which only moves me to a different deck - but in the same sized cabin - is not an upgrade in my mind. And it has the pitfalls of being a less desirable location with noise and such.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:50 PM

Hi Dave,
I consider an upgrade to be a cabin from inside to oceanview, an oceanview to a balcony, and a balcony to a junior suite. On some ships they may give you a cabin in the same catagory, but on a higher deck and call it an upgrade. I agree with you and rather just stay in the location I chose when I booked the cruise. Tell ya what... let's see who gets an upgrade first, you or me.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:45 AM

Hi Dave and Sonny,

I don't think going to a higher deck with the same cabin is really an upgrade in my eyes either. But as long as the Cruise Lines promote it this way, and charge different prices between the decks. It will be perceived that way. When there is a $100 or more difference in price, most People think is an Upgrade from what they paid for. IMHO

IslandCruz
Old 08-14-2006, 04:54 AM

Hey, I just read Raoul's link. It was pretty much what has taken me 14 years to learn on my own Great Link and Post Raoul!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:42 AM

Quote:
On some ships they may give you a cabin in the same catagory, but on a higher deck and call it an upgrade.
Sonny,
That's why they call it an UPgrade!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:53 PM

You actually could get an upgrade but go to a lower deck if it's going from an inside to outside.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:10 PM

This is true. Our friends were offered such an upgrade. It was an inside cabin on deck to an outside cabin on deck 4. They didn't take it.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, diamond, high, members, rccl, room, royal, upgraded, upgrades