Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 11:26 AM

What decks are best? How would you rank them top to bottom and why? Is front or back of ship the better than the other? How about left or right side? I have information on staterooms, now which areas are your favorite rooms located? (Love this site, on here almost everyday for updates) Leaving Feb 19th! Thanks! Teresa
Old 01-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Bear in mind that on the Sovereign class ships there are no cabins on the aft (back). We've been on the Majesty Of The Seas and had cabin 1588, which was great. More motion can be felt in the forward areas should the seas get choppy. Otherwise, there really isn't much difference between cabin decks. Nor is there much need to consider port side over starboard.

When I choose a cabin I look for one that is close to the things I like to do (pool deck for me). This is so I can take the steps and not wait on elevators. The biggest consideration to me is what is above or below my cabin. A cabin with cabins above and below it is probably the best choice for peace and quiet. I've taken cabins with the jogging track above them - not a good idea.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:01 PM

Teresa, if you're sensitive to motion, you want to stay on a lower deck, as close to the middle of the deck as possible. Deck 8 has views obstructed by lifeboats. You're better off being at least one deck up from the bottom passenger deck.

You may want to make sure your cabin is not under or over a public room that may be noisy at night.

Sandy
Old 01-28-2007, 07:38 PM

Thank you Dave and Sandy, i am sensitive to movement and will need at least a window. We have outside stateroom 2090, mid ship. booked throught Southwest, they booked us on
Deck 8 at first, by checking this sight I learned it was a window with obstructed view soooo, I called back and they said call RC which I did and they suggested Deck 2 window was not obsructed and wouldn't feel movement as much, so....we switched. Now i've learned from this sight its only a porthole - not a window! Others on this site said move up decks butttttt nowwww only front of ship available???? Whats a sinsitive almost clostrophibic (someone correct my spelling) to do? I really love you guys for helping, in the not too distant future I'll be able to answer too. planning on 2 or 3 cruises a year!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:45 AM

Teresa

We were on the Sovereign in Oct and stayed in the highest category oceanview room. I REALLY wished we had moved up to the junior suites becasue it was my first time without a balcony and I REALLY MISSED it! We really enjoyed the Sovereign. We watched the whole refurbishing series on the Travel Channel so it was fun to see it in person.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Hi Warren and Teresa, two or three a year? Great goal! My wife and I were on deck 9 on the Sovereign. Felt no motion because the weather was great. Unless there are rough seas being on the lower decks wouldn't be much different than the upper decks. I'd recommend booking the upper deck. My wife wears a patch behind her ear and never has had a problem with motion sickness, and we've been in some pretty rough weather. I also like being able to walk up one or two flights of stairs to be out on the pool deck or windjammer. I hate elevators. Here are some pictures of the cabin we were in on the Sovereign if you care to look at them. Just click Here. Click on next at the top left of the first picture to see the rest of the pictures.

Sonny
Old 08-04-2007, 06:17 PM

WHEN I WENT I WAS ON MAIN DECK AND FOUND IT NICE I WAS RIGHT OFF THE ATRUIM

Closed Thread

Tags
1588, cabin, cruise, deck, line, majesty, royal, seas, soverign