Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 09:50 AM
thanks Jim I most certainly will, I would just hate it if they thought we were being greedy! Was a little surprised that we were never asked if we had enough or would like a little more alright.

Kentish Girl, formal nights on your cruise are on the Sunday night and the following Thursday night, Portofino was booked out on the first night so do this straight away. I would advise maybe just the Thursday night formal, we only did one and ate in teh windjammer the other night, two nights of formal may be a bit much if you are out during the day. what time is your sitting 6.30 or 9pm? also what nationality are you?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Hi Corkgirl, have to book Portofinos straight away then. I was hoping to eat there on the Friday night as it is my birthday.

We are booked for early seating. Hoping it will be about 7. I was told by RCCl it depends on how many Spanish are on board as to the time of seatings, as they tend to want to eat a bit later.

By the way I'm British.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi again, you will have a great time, and yes the minute you get into your cabin ring this number 3332 this is the number for the Portofino, book it for friday, if you want to give your email address I will mail you a few things that I dont want to say on here!!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Welcome back corkgirl, sounds like you had a great time. I, too, am sorry you didn't know about ordering as much or as many items as you desire. We sat with a couple once that ordered everything on the menu and sometimes 2 or 3 of everything. I hope you can get your boyfriend to reconsider and maybe he will if he knows he can get more food Best wishes and hope to see you back with another cruise booked!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by corkgirl:
Hi again, you will have a great time, and yes the minute you get into your cabin ring this number 3332 this is the number for the Portofino, book it for friday, if you want to give your email address I will mail you a few things that I dont want to say on here !!
Hi Corkgirl, You can send me a private message on this site if you wish. It will not be displayed to everyone and only I will be able to read it.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Hi Everybody
I also got back from the Med - Voyager. Must have been on the same trip as you Corkgirl. we took the bus to Monaco - waited a long time for the bus and we did the Rome on your own tour - Very nice. One day in Rome is much too short for there is so much to see. we had no trouble at all on the ship. The staff was great - very friendly and helpful. The kids had a fabulous time - we never saw them! They wanted to stay on the ship the entire time. the food was great too - we ate far too much but we walked a lot so it did'nt do much damage!!
Sanet
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM

Sanet, you mentioned you did the "Rome on your own" tour. Where does the coach drop you off? Glad to hear you had a great time.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 PM

My wife and I were on the Voyager last March and had a great cruise through the Caribbean. The staff were very friendly, especially our waiters who made sure we had lots to eat at dinner. I think my wife got two extra servings of lobster.

We booked the Voyager again to take the European cruise in May. Unfortunately 5 days before we were supposed to leave for a pre cruise trip to England to visit our daughter I had to have emergency surgery for a detached retina. Our daughter took the cruise with my wife instead. (Absolutely no problem making the change).

My wife saw our headwaiter from the cruise 2 months earlier but he never acknowledged her.

After a few days she went up to say hello and he said he remembered her but didn't say anything because she wasn't travelling with the same person as before and didn't want to risk embarassing anybody.

So it's true -

"What happens on a cruise ship stays on a cruise ship" ;-)

Thankfully the eye has healed and we leave on another cruise later this month on the Adventure of the Seas.
February 2004 - Grand Princess - W. Caribbean
March 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - E. Caribbean
May 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - Western Mediterranean (Mrs. E. & daughter only - I had a medical emergency)
October 2007 - RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Old 10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kentishgirl:
quote:
Originally posted by corkgirl:
Hi again, you will have a great time, and yes the minute you get into your cabin ring this number 3332 this is the number for the Portofino, book it for friday, if you want to give your email address I will mail you a few things that I dont want to say on here !!
how do I do that?

Hi Corkgirl, You can send me a private message on this site if you wish. It will not be displayed to everyone and only I will be able to read it.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Cant believe we could have asked for more!! Didnt want to seem greedy or anything, I didnt notice anyone else getting extras so we said nothing, it was still lovely,

We got the bus to Monaco too it was nice to see but the walking around looking for bus stops etc was quite annoying very badly sign posted dont you think?

Closed Thread

Tags
contact, cruise, emergency, excursion, number, phone, promenade, rcl, review, rome, sea, seas, stateroom, staterooms, taste, voyager