Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 06:04 AM

I am travelling on the Navigator of the Seas next year (Europe) for the first time. We have had to book an inside cabin on deck 6, can anybody provide any info on room size etc. Or would it be more prudent to upgrade. There are two adults and one child (10 years) travelling.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:04 AM

I am travelling on the Navigator of the Seas next year (Europe) for the first time. We have had to book an inside cabin on deck 6, can anybody provide any info on room size etc. Or would it be more prudent to upgrade. There are two adults and one child (10 years) travelling.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:36 AM

Hello Janet, Welcome to Cruise-Chat.
When booking a cabin for 3 you are somewhat limited because there are only a certain number of "triple" cabins. As a matter of fact, there is only one "triple" cabin on deck 6. Cabin #6119. However, there are 36 "quat" cabins. You may be in one of those. The average cabin size is 134 sq. feet. If you upgraded to a ocean view stateroom, the average size is 184 sq.feet. Plus you would have a balcony! The catagory for an inside cabin is catagory "M". The ocean view is catagory "E1". I think it would be worth the extra money to upgrade to an E1 catagory. There are 23 E1 "triple" cabins on deck 6.

Hope this helps...

Sonny
Old 08-30-2006, 10:21 AM

Hello. We have done 2 cruises with our teenage son, in a 3 person room. Our most recent cruise with him was on the Freedom. Because it was the inaugural cruise, the prices were outrageous. We decided to book the cheapest inside cat. The room was 152 sq.feet. Boy, did we feel like sardines packed in a can. It was so cramped, we took the tables on the floor, and put them on the little couch in the room, just to give us more floor space. During the day, the stateroom attendent locked the bed back up into in space in the ceiling. The bed fit into a cut out space in the ceiling, so it was flush with the ceiling when it was locked up. At night, he unlocked it and it hung down. That was ok, I didn't mind that. The problem seemed to be the lack of floor space. Fortunately, our empty suitcases fit under the beds. My husband and I unpacked at different times, just so we could have the extra space of one less person in the room at the same time. I thought the closet was very small, we filled it up fast. Most of the time, our son wasn't even in the room with us, and we still felt very cramped. If you can afford it, I would suggest a bigger room, especially if it is a longer cruise. If we go on the Freedom again, I will definately book a larger room, most likely a balcony. I guess it depends on how tolerant you all are to cramped quarters. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Hi Lori,

As you may have noticed, your countdowns are not working. Read this thread for details on how to fix them.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:33 PM

We had 4 in a quad room on the Navigator and although it was tight it was fine. You are not in your room enough to make a big deal out of it. By the way, the Navigator of the Seas is an incredible ship. It is by far my favorite ship (until I go on Freedom next year). The food it top notch, the entertainment is out of this world (especially the ice show), and I assure you that you will never get bored. Have a great time!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, navigator, seas, staterooms, triple