Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 03:37 PM

Just how private is the 'private balcony' for the grand suite on the vision of the seas? Has anybody been on this ship with this kind of room?
And does anybody have advice on to how to get the people on the next balcony to stop smoking? I am one of those who don't want to ask.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:41 PM
See if you can work out a compromise: you will stop sunbathing nude if they will stop smoking on the balcony.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Welcome to Cruise Chat, Cheetosurf!! I have to disagree with the previous post. You are probably go to have a better bargaining advantage if you agree to sunbathe nude more often.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Doc, if you have photographic evidence to back that up I would be more than willing to have a look-see.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Quote:
Just how private is the 'private balcony' for the grand suite on the vision of the seas?
And does anybody have advice on to how to get the people on the next balcony to stop smoking?
I don't know how much sunbathing you would get - the balconies are totally covered and the only sun you get is when it is low on your side of the ship. The people next door can easily look over the railing and into your balcony, although it has to be a conscious decision.

Royal Caribbean's smoking rules specifically allow for smoking on the balconies, therefore asking someone next door to stop smoking is - strictly speaking - against the rules.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Administrator

This photo I took in Skagway shows how shaded the balcony cabins are. The Grand Suites on on the higher level of balconies, just below the arched glass which is the Windjammer buffet. I should note anyone on the port bridge wing (way up forward and hard to see) can look into several balconies.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You are probably go to have a better bargaining advantage if you agree to sunbathe nude more often.
Um, you are aware that most nudists really don't need to be? Not casting aspersions on the OP but just going with the law of averages.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Cheetosurf -Welcome to Cruise-chat! We look forward to your posting photos of your cruise! You will spend many enjoyable hour here sharing thoughts and adventures. In return you'll get some great advise and many ideas and suggestions!

We look forward eagerly to your posts!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, Cheetosurf! In order for someone to see you, they would have to bend over the railing and around the divider. I was in a grand suite on my last cruise which was a 15 night transatlantic. I didn't smell any cigarette smoke at any time on our balcony. Most of the time you won't have a problem. However, people do have a right to smoke on their balconies.

Sonny
Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 PM

Thank you very much for your helpful and also good humored advice. Honestly, I was using the term "Nude Sunbathing" for another way of finding out about "Private Balcony Hanky Panky". You have answered my question. In regards to the smoking, I guess I will have to go towards my Passive Aggressive ways and if I am bothered with a smoking passenger next door, I will light up a stinky stogy, or 'accidentally' spill some perfume. Or I can do the nice thing, and just ask them to put it out. It doesn't hurt, even though, it is breaking the rules.
All-in-all, I am just looking forward to a great cruise in a huge room & balcony, with people who look out for the other passengers as well. That's the way things should be.

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, balcony, balkony, caribbean, cruise, door, nextdoor, nordic, nude, people, private, royal, sunbath, sunbathing, topless