Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 03:40 PM

We are taking a true family cruise on Sept 9th on AOS. That is the Saint's(LUCIS, MAARTEN, JOHN'S, THOMAS)itinerary.
It is my husband, two kids 3 & 8, mother-in-law and my mother first cruise. She is 70 and have trouble walking(we may rent a scooter for her).

Any suggestions on land excursions that will make everyone happy?

We are booked in the Royal Family Suite so we can use the concierge service. Does this service help us get tickets to the shows, enroll the kids into the Adventure Ocean program??

Is it true that we can get onto the ship as early as 12 noon?

Read and post cruise reviews
url=http://www.cruisetickers.com/][/url]

Old 07-04-2007, 05:19 PM

Hello thewebbys, welcome to Cruise-Chat.
Yes, you and rent a electric scooter. The concierge will be sending you an email about a week before the cruise. He will arrange for a scooter via email. He will meet you at the terminal and take take you through the check-in process. When on the ship he will take care of all your needs. Ice show tickets, excursions, etc. There are free cocktails in the Concierge Lounge from 5pm to 8:30pm. You can also check out movies if you want. Usually people start to board before noon. You won't be able to get to your suite before 1pm to insure your cabin is ready. I was in an Owner's suite on the Voyager in December and enjoyed it. I normally stay in a balcony cabin, so it was a treat to have all the extra room, especially the bathroom!

The Adventure is a great ship. I'm sure you'll love her as much as we did.

Sonny
Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 AM

Thanks Sonny for the info.

I am glad they can arrange for the scooter for us. That is one less hassel.
The movies?? Is there a fee and are they dvd's and if so is there a player in the room? Or should I bring our portable dvd player? I know when I cruised RCCL 3 years ago they had a movie channel. This will be great for my mom and the kids at night while they are winding down and we are out partying .
When we get to the port is there a special conceige line?

Old 07-05-2007, 10:55 AM

You will be shown where to go upon arrival at the terminal. Those poor kids of yours. They are going high class their first time out. After the Royal Suite, they will be depressed if they ever have to stay on a lower deck. lol You guys are going to have a blast. Being their first time out, try not to overplan things and allow for a little spontaneous fun. I have taken my elderly aunt on a couple of cruises and the scooter was easy to arrange and it really did help her mobility. Have a great time.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM

You can check out DVD's and play them on your 42" flat screen in your room. Everything you need is there. There is no Concierge line, ask for his phone number and call when you arrive at the terminal. He will come down to meet your party. He will answer all your question via email before you leave for your cruise. There is also a movie room on the second floor of the ship. It's called the "screening room". They have a large screen and regular movie type seats. Movies are shown at different times. Your mom should enjoy that.

Sonny
Old 07-05-2007, 02:16 PM

The "Screening Room" (movie theater) really is a great area to relax and see some great movies if you've gotten too much sun or it's later in the evening and you're looking for something to do. Although you don't get the privacy of your room, the trip to the Screening Room is worth it just for the great atmosphere and screen. Make sure to check it out if you or your family is a fan of movies.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Hi thewebbys,

I'll be on the same ship on the same date, with family as well. Just no little ones. I don't book anything in advance but my nephew wants to ride horses at some point so that's the only thing we'll plan ahead for. He owns a horse and makes his living as a horseback riding tour guide at Garden of the Gods, a tourist attraction near Pikes Peak in CO. So I'm not sure why he wants to ride while on a cruise vacation but he does.

Have a great vacation, see ya on the ship.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-06-2007, 05:52 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes. This cruise is for my mom. It may be her only chance to cruise because of her health, so we want to make sure we go all out.

Is it true that Portifino don't allow children under 12?(I just it is Adventure Program dinner for them that night)

Trvlpro. My husband and I want to go horseback riding or ATVing as well. Still researching, will let you know what I find out. We go horseback riding on every vacation. Can't break tradition.

As time gets closer everyone is starting to ask questions so I may be asking more and more. I am thanking you in advance for all of the very good information you are supplying.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thewebbys:
Is it true that Portifino don't allow children under 12?(I just it is Adventure Program dinner for them that night)
Alas, Royal Caribbean has implemented the age requirement for these specialty restaurants.
"All guests over the age of 13 are welcome and reservations are recommended; please allow two hours for dining."
Old 07-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Hi,
I will be going on my 4th RCI cruise and have been on Adventure - had a GREAT time! This time, however, is going to be different!....Family is coming along! Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and my 91 year old grandpa and his new wife! None of them have cruised before. Since grandpa is 91 your comments about the electric scooter caught my attention. He does walk pretty good still but I don't think he realizes just how much walking he may end up doing - not to mention he'll probably be a little extra wobbly. Do you know how I go about looking into one of these for him? (We'll actually be on Mariner.) How about costs? ....also - any clue on how to get him into the newlywed game show? - They'd be a hoot.
Thanks for any additional info you can provide. Searching thru this site has been very imformative already!

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, al, birmingham, carbbean, conceige, electric, girl, roya, scooters, seas, service