Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2004, 07:56 PM

We are going on the Mariner of the Seas Oct 17th with our two daughter ages 5 and 7. Just wondering if there will be any kids. I have read a lot of reviews of people who people who traveled in summer or during school breaks and that there were alot of children. We went on a Carnival Cruise last February and there was maybe 30 kids! I thought the program on Carnival was great. I have not seen many reviews about Royal Caribbeans program.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:56 PM

We are going on the Mariner of the Seas Oct 17th with our two daughter ages 5 and 7. Just wondering if there will be any kids. I have read a lot of reviews of people who people who traveled in summer or during school breaks and that there were alot of children. We went on a Carnival Cruise last February and there was maybe 30 kids! I thought the program on Carnival was great. I have not seen many reviews about Royal Caribbeans program.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:12 AM

No matter what time of year you travel, there will always be other children on board the Voyager class ships (particularly those within your children's age range). Personally, I have found Royal Caribbeans's Adventure Ocean Youth Program to be the best afloat. They divide the children in to 5 age categories (3-5/6-8/9-11/12-14/15-17) which allows for more age appropriate activites within age group. Carnival's (as are most of the other cruise lines programs) is divided into 3 groups. I never understood the logic of lumping childern 13-17 into one age group as they are certainly at totally different developmental and interest levels. That is just one aspect of the program and I would certainly be happy to answer any other specific questions you have about the youth program, but rest assured your children will love the program.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
17, carnival, cruise, kids, kimberly, lot, october, umbro