Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 06:05 PM

WOW! so much animosity and lack of direction I am feeling here. Being new to cruising (my first "Catered" cruise will be a West Carib swing on The Independence of The Seas in November, after 30 years of "cruising" with Uncle Sam's Navy). As an inexperienced newbie, let me say that we find dissatisfaction in all walks of life - especially if we are looking for it.

Things happen which cannot be avoided, and they seldom make us happy or our lives any more enjoyable. Chalk it us to life and make the best of it. Not every employee of any organization is professionally inclined - especially if they are having a bad day themselves. If the rest of the cruise was enjoyable, just make the best of it. It is an experience that in time you may look back on and find humorous. Please don't let your experience taint others' especially newbies.

The point was made that they were not happy with their turn of events, lets not belabor the subject.

I, for one, am looking forward to the coming experience with my bride of 40 (+) years. And, nothing nayone can say (or do on the 23rd through the 30th of November) is going to change that!

We are already planning a cruise to Bermuda in the summer of 2009. Yes, it too will be aboard a RCCL ship.

Enough of MY ranting, I'll step down from my soap box and return to my anticipation of the upcoming cruise aboard something larger than the USS America (CV-66).
Old 07-05-2008, 06:11 PM

What are you talking about? Both my wife and I haven't noticed any difference in either the food quality, or the quality of service. But, then again, I'm really not looking for fault.

Hank, you mention the free drinks at the Conceirge lounge, try getting that on any other cruise line.

Sonny
Old 07-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Even though I found the chorizo thing amusing, we did see some great soups and entrees in the dining room. Everyone raved about the cedar planked fish we had on the last night of the cruise. It was about as perfect as I've ever seen. I love the chilled soups RCI has too.

Oh, and we did have lobster on our cruise. I still went for the prime rib (medium rare) with a good dollop of horseradish on the side. They also came around with seconds on the lobster.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:58 PM

Much better, a post about great expectations for an upcoming cruise. A post about free liquor and a post about great food! Isn't that a lot more interesting to read about and enjoy than dwelling on the negatives of the disgruntled.

Thanks guys, that's the stuff that make chatting about cruising enjoyable. Now I'm hungry, time to break out the left over grilled burgers. Not prime rib or lobster but it'll do.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-06-2008, 06:19 AM
A cruise is a cruise is a cruise...Some are just better than others....Beats sitting at home and watching it snow all winter in Minnesota.....Happy Sailing to One and All....

Bob E
Old 07-06-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
quote:
Wow! I sure did not expect the entire staff to weigh-in on this subject.

We haven't. But I, for one, completely agree and support the comments the other staffers have made.

Sandy

No, we haven't. And I too support the comments the other staff members have made. As Dave noted, we discussed this before taking this action. I don't want to support such action, and then not post here in defense of it.

Dwayne
Old 07-06-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
WOW! so much animosity and lack of direction I am feeling here.
wudbuchr, We don't do animosity on this forum. We discuss things and move forward.

Now, let's move forward with the leftover grilled burgers. They almost taste as good warmed over. I have some Nathan's Hot Dogs left as well, and my Mom brought me some grilled burgers from the lake. I am going to be in hog and cow heaven today.

Dwayne
Old 07-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
As Dave noted, we discussed this before taking this action.
Further to Dwayne's comment, staff discussion is very common before closing (or in exceptionally rare cases, deleting) a thread. For example, we had a situation a couple of days ago (not at all related to the topic we're discussing) that needed immediate attention, yet there was only one Staff member online at the time. S/he contacted me by phone so that we could make a decision together. I don't mind sharing with everyone that this is the way we do things. I've moderated other sites in the past, and this is, by far, the best team I've ever worked with. As I noted in my initial post, decisions are not made unilaterally.

Hank, thank you for enabling us to discuss this in a mature, open manner.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:35 PM

Hello wubuchr, welcome to Cruise-Chat! I can appreciate your anticipation of your up-coming cruise on RCCL's newest mega ship. Our next cruise will be our 47th and I look forward to it as much as I did our first. I'm seriously considering booking a cruise for our 41st wedding anniversary on August 22nd. Seeing as how Dave offered the Champaign, I'm beyond consideration and in the planning stage

Happing cruising!

Sonny
Old 07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Seeing as how Dave offered the Champaign, I'm beyond consideration and in the planning stage
Sonny, it'll be great if we can go on the Sovereign cruise together! The offer for anniversary champagne still holds. But even if it weren't your anniversary I'd still buy a fellow Marine a drink.

Closed Thread