Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 PM

Hi
Can anyone suggest some Eastern Shore Excursions that two 14 year olds would like. It would be great to know which ones are worth it because I would hate to pick the wrong one.
I know they would like jet skiis or a beach party??? Also, what can you tell me about the teen club? They are in the range of 12 -14 but they are almost 15. Could they get in the older club or are they real strict...Any info would help...thanks Elaine
Old 06-07-2005, 01:08 PM

For 14 yr. olds, at the top of the list would be snorkeling at Trunk Bay in St. John, swimming with the dolphins in Nassau (not the encounter)and jet skis and parasailing in St. Maarten. As for the teen club, the age groups are adhered to pretty closely. There may be a few venues and activities your 14 yr. olds will be able to enjoy, but for the most part they are separate.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-07-2005, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the info.those are great ideas...although we did do the dophin quest before and it's very expensive. How about the Rhino Boats in St. Martin? Also, I know St. Johns is beautiful but is it a long trip to get there?

So do you think they won't be able to get in the 15 and up club?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 07:51 PM

Elaine, because of the liability, the cruise lines are usually pretty strict about keeping kids within their age group.

Tom
Old 06-08-2005, 05:59 AM

Elaine,
You can take the Red Hook ferry over to St. John and it is only a 20 minute ride. Sorry, I don't know anything about the Rhino Boats. If you have already done a dolphin swim, you might want to consider visiting "The Dig", an aquarium at Atlantis. You can do it as a shore excursion or on your own ($29 pp). It is viewed through a maze of underwater passageways depicting what life may have been like in ancient Atlantis.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-08-2005, 06:19 AM

Thanks Nancy, I'll probably do that! Any suggestions for San Jaun, or Bahamas (other then the Atlantis) ?

Elaine
Old 06-08-2005, 08:57 AM

You can have a great time exploeing Old San Juan on foot. There is lots to see and your kids will love the two forts that can be explored. Just get a walking map and head for El Morro to start he day's events. The ships dock right at the foot of Old Town so it is easy to get around.

I agree with your assessment of Atlantis. It would be torture for your kids to be able to walk around the property, but not participate in the various water features. I am not sure what the room rates are, but at $29 per person just to walk around the property, it is too expensive. If you got a room for the day, you can also use the water geatures. Has anyone done this?

Tom
Old 06-09-2005, 06:29 PM

Thanks Tom, exploring the forts would be great on a nice day but if it's real hot I'm sure the kids will want to hit the beach. Does anyone have any beach suggestions for San Jaun?

Thanks Elaine
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 PM

Take a taxi to Condado Beach and then make your way to Ocean Beach (ten minutes walking distance) for wonderful wide sandy world class beaches. They are close and excellent.

Tom
Old 06-11-2005, 05:43 AM

Thanks Tom I'll check out that beach.

Have you or anyone else been on the Kon Tiki Party Cruise?
Someone also mentioned a "pirate" place in St. Thomas with pools....but thats all they remembered? I know the kids won't want to shop or walk around much they are going to want to swim and rent water toys..

Elaine

Closed Thread

Tags
10, caribbean, club, eastern, excursion, excursions, maarten, reviews, rhino, ride, shore, st, teen, top, unbiased