Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 04:15 PM

Hello I am travelling on our 1st Cruise August 19th on the Voyager Malta cruise with my partner, 12 year old daughter and help!!!! 2 year old son. We have one of the owners suites and are wondering about the safety aspect of the balcony. Does any body know the height of the balcony. I know the danger would be climbing on the chairs etc, however was just concerned at the height. thanks
Old 04-27-2006, 04:47 PM

I believe the handrailing height is 42 inches.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:36 PM

hello there thanks
Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM

i'm about 5'1' and the balcony is just above my waist; i'm goin on the cruise in 2mon and will take my 5yr old w/my for the first time; i'm really worried about the balcony, i told my husband that we'll have to remove all the chair from the balcony and just watch him... have fun on your cruise! hope this helps
Quote:
Originally posted by amandasbmw:
Hello I am travelling on our 1st Cruise August 19th on the Voyager Malta cruise with my partner, 12 year old daughter and help!!!! 2 year old son. We have one of the owners suites and are wondering about the safety aspect of the balcony. Does any body know the height of the balcony. I know the danger would be climbing on the chairs etc, however was just concerned at the height. thanks
Old 04-30-2006, 03:50 PM

I don't remember exact height but railings are much higher than a 2-year-old throughout the ship. That said, however, when my children were little I watched them like a hawk; there are plenty of open spaces in the public railings, not to mention the pools areas, etc. I still worry about them and they're teenagers. Not to make you paranoid; the children's areas are all well-enclosed and well-supervised, so that's not a problem, and many of the public areas are glass-enclosed. Just a little caution and you should enjoy your cruise immensely!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 AM

We certainly will watch him like a hawk and thank you for your replies. The other worry is the balcony door.....is it lockable at night?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:19 AM

Yes, there are locks on the balcony doors -- they work 24 hours :-).
Old 05-01-2006, 01:57 PM

Thanks I think I phrased that a bit oddly didnt I!!!! What I meant to say is are the balcony doors lockable. However saying that, at night if he woke up and wandered (he never has at home, but you never know unfamiliar surroundings and all that!), that was what I was thinking of. Guess we should of thought about this before having a balcony.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:50 PM

Yes, but I knew what you meant...I just couldn't resist! Anyway, just so you know...even if they weren't locked (but closed) there would be no way a young child could open the balcony door. It is difficult for many adults to do it. The handle has to be rotated completely up or down (I can't remember which) with some strength and then the door has to be pulled open. So, not to worry even if he does sleepwalk! Relax

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, caribbean, carribbean, children, code, concerned, cruise, height, heights, racine, railing, royal, safety, ship, ships, sleepwalking, wi