Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM

I have never cruised before and have reservations to travel onboard Splendour of the Seas from Dec 24th-Jan 2nd. The ship will be going to Mexico/Caribbean. Does anyone know if the weather is colder during that time or if being out at sea will require that you bring warm clothes?

Thanks,
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM

I have never cruised before and have reservations to travel onboard Splendour of the Seas from Dec 24th-Jan 2nd. The ship will be going to Mexico/Caribbean. Does anyone know if the weather is colder during that time or if being out at sea will require that you bring warm clothes?

Thanks,
Old 10-27-2005, 04:15 PM

Unless there is a front moving through you will have very enjoyable weather. However, you might want to take a light jacket for the evenings if you plan on going on the open decks. I would bring more sun screen and less overcoats...VBG.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 10-27-2005, 09:26 PM

Hello,

Make sure that you have at least one warm sweater or a heavy sweatshirt which will allow you to go out on deck and really enjoy the aesthetics of cruising. By aesthetics I mean the setting sun, the stars, the moon, and to watch the waves collide with the ship at night. A light windbreaker with a hood for protection against rain is also recommended.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:27 AM

On the one hand wear as little as possible. A cruise can be a great time to go simple. As soon as your second day on the boat it should be wonderfully warm outside. On the other hand INSIDE the ship, the air conditioning is often turned down to a fairly cool temprature. My wife froze (when inside the ship) on our first cruise. Our second cruise we were more prepared, and we had a balcony which warmed up the room as well as giving us the opportunity to step right outside.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, day, inside, mexico, ship, warm, wear