Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator

If you are flying and have some large luggage I highly recommend the Luggage Valet Program. We used it last week. Well worth the $20 per person fee. This covers two bags per person. The ship printed out boarding passes, luggage tags, and delivered them to the cabin. Our luggage was sent directly to the airport and the next time we saw it was at our final destination. All the bags arrived with no problems.

Things to note: The program is not available at all ports. The ship only prints boarding passes for those you list on the form, which means they charge $20 for those people too. If you have 4 bags or less, just use enough names to cover the bags you have. Print boarding passes for the others at an airport kiosk or at the ship's internet center and save yourself some money. The main thing here is to get the baggage handled without having to pick through your color code in the cruise terminal or having to lug it to the airport.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator

If you are flying and have some large luggage I highly recommend the Luggage Valet Program. We used it last week. Well worth the $20 per person fee. This covers two bags per person. The ship printed out boarding passes, luggage tags, and delivered them to the cabin. Our luggage was sent directly to the airport and the next time we saw it was at our final destination. All the bags arrived with no problems.

Things to note: The program is not available at all ports. The ship only prints boarding passes for those you list on the form, which means they charge $20 for those people too. If you have 4 bags or less, just use enough names to cover the bags you have. Print boarding passes for the others at an airport kiosk or at the ship's internet center and save yourself some money. The main thing here is to get the baggage handled without having to pick through your color code in the cruise terminal or having to lug it to the airport.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:35 AM

I know others that have used it and loved it.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:10 PM

I agree it is the way to go. We used it and it was so easy. One less thing to worry about.
RCCL Sovereign 3/08
RCCL Sovereign 10/08
RCCL Monarch 4/09
RCCL Navigator 3/10
RCCL Radiance 4/11
Carnival Dream 4/12
Carnival Glory 10/12
Carnival Fantasy 5/13
RCCL Allure 10/13

Need some cruise help?
Old 06-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Dave,

The luggage valet program looks great if only I could find some information on it at the RCL web site. Is this something that I need to contact RCL directly or am I just missing something that is stareing me in the face?

Your comments on the Rhapsody were great!

5 days to go!!!

Thanks Dave.

Mark
Santa Clara, CA
Old 06-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Administrator

quote:
if only I could find some information on it at the RCL web site

Look here .

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, delivered, dream, luggage, program, rccl, rcl, royal, ship, valet, vallet