Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2007, 10:30 AM

If you buy alcohol at the ports....they check your bags before you get back on the ship....do they FRISK you also....don't get me wrong...I understand about irresposible passengers and the fact that they want to make as much money as they can from you but hey....some people (responsible) enjoy having a couple of drinks while they are relaxing in their room and getting ready for dinner without it costing them an arm and a leg....I'm a 23 yr. old responible female that doesn't have an unlimited bank account if you know what I mean
Old 04-01-2007, 10:30 AM

If you buy alcohol at the ports....they check your bags before you get back on the ship....do they FRISK you also....don't get me wrong...I understand about irresposible passengers and the fact that they want to make as much money as they can from you but hey....some people (responsible) enjoy having a couple of drinks while they are relaxing in their room and getting ready for dinner without it costing them an arm and a leg....I'm a 23 yr. old responible female that doesn't have an unlimited bank account if you know what I mean
Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 AM

I personally have never been frisked, nor have I seen anyone else being frisked. I guess they could if they have a reason to, but not generally. Normally they would pull you to the side if they needed to question you about something.

~gina~
Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 PM

We just returned March 24 from a Royal cruise. They havce X-ray machines - got all of my poacked liquor. They also go through all of your carry on luggage and bags. You won't be getting any of your own liquor on Royal. I guess you just have to plan on more money for alcohol. I think it stinks but who can blame them after the irresponsible behavior of some cruisers. We all pay unfortunately.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Where does this frisking stuff come from? The cruise lines are not going to frisk all the passengers - or even a few of them - unless they have probable cause to check for weapons. I have never been frisked nor seen anyone else frisked by a cruise line employee.

Now - I have seen Jamaican police patting down passengers in Montego Bay. They had two screening lines set up in the terminal, one had an x-ray machine and metal detector and one didn't. Those using the line with the machines were only patted down if they alarmed. Those in the line without machines had all their bags and packages hand searched and at least while I was watching all the men - and only the men - were patted down - even by female officers. Children and women were allowed to pass. But they were looking for weapons and drugs. They could care less if someone had booze. And this was their gig, not the cruise lines.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:34 PM

And now you can't bring a bottle of water or soda on board.. what next?
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Where does this frisking stuff come from? The cruise lines are not going to frisk all the passengers - or even a few of them - unless they have probable cause to check for weapons. I have never been frisked nor seen anyone else frisked by a cruise line employee.

Now - I have seen Jamaican police patting down passengers in Montego Bay. They had two screening lines set up in the terminal, one had an x-ray machine and metal detector and one didn't. Those using the line with the machines were only patted down if they alarmed. Those in the line without machines had all their bags and packages hand searched and at least while I was watching all the men - and only the men - were patted down - even by female officers. Children and women were allowed to pass. But they were looking for weapons and drugs. They could care less if someone had booze. And this was their gig, not the cruise lines.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM

Sandylynn, where did you hear you couldn't bring water of soda on board? This is new to me if it's true.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
acloho, alcohol, buy, buying, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, entering, frisked, frisking, patted, royal, ship, sneaking, wmc