Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Hi guys,

Im not really understanding this my time dining even though ive changed from my late sitting to it!

What I would like to know is - can I sit in the same seat every night? We have requested a table for two? Will we have the same waiting staff every night?

Im sure this has been answered a thousand times so sorry!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Administrator

My Time Dining can by "their time" dining if you don't do it carefully.

You need to make a reservation for a dining time. Technically you can just show up and wait for a table but if you do that at peak times you might find yourself waiting a while. Thus it really isn't as fluid as they make it sound.

In my case, as I was boarding the ship (still in the terminal) a couple of people from the dining room had stationed themselves by the escalator and were urging people to make their reservations "now" so as to avoid a line on the ship at the reservation desk. You can also make them via phone once the cruise starts, and even there phoning them earlier rather than later is a good idea.

You can dine alone or at a table with others, but they can't guarantee the same table or wait staff. I'm sure they'll try to make it so if you ask, but it isn't guaranteed. Too many variables, such as if you reserve different dining times, what other guests reserve, etc. The only way to guarantee the same table and waiter is with an assigned seating.

On our cruise 80% of the passengers had selected My Time Dining. Two of the three dining room levels were assigned to it. Many ended up reserving the same time for each night and these were locked in so they didn't have to do the daily reservation drill anymore.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
thanks Dave for that detailed point.

So in effect 80% booked same time which gives them assigned seating! ooh I wonder should I just go back to assigned seating for the late setting and work shows around it etc.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:52 AM
just received this from royal caribbean, didnt realise there were so little tables of two -

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once your client arrives for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

If your clients are requesting a table for two, please note that these tables are very limited and are assigned on first come first served basis. Some of our vessels may have more tables for two but the majority of our vessels have only four to eight tables of two.

If your clients are requesting a table larger than 10, they will most probably be assigned to two adjacent tables.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Administrator

I didn't count them but there are not many tables for two on the Oasis, and many are of the type that are positioned very close to tables for four. You might know what I mean - a long bench seat on one side which has alternating tables for two and four lined up along it, with maybe a foot or so of space between them. You are at a table for two but not really given your neighbors can reach your salt shaker without getting up.

There were a few "real" tables for two around the openings between decks.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
You are at a table for two but not really given your neighbors can reach your salt shaker without getting up.
cant stop laughing!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:37 PM

After reading about the My Time Dining on RCCL's website, I decided against it. Too many things to go wrong and it sounded inconvenient the way it was going to work. I read a post somewhere that said they had to keep coming back because all the tables were constantly booked. I figured it was better to get a set time and then just do one of the many other dining possibilities if required.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corkgirl:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
You are at a table for two but not really given your neighbors can reach your salt shaker without getting up.
cant stop laughing!

If they reach for the salt shaker too often, just give it a lick and that should stop that!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm all for My Time Dining....I like to eat when I'm hungry.....I will remember to make reservations when I get on board the Oasis....

Happy Cruising....

Bob E
Old 12-11-2009, 07:23 AM
electech -

Quote:
If they reach for the salt shaker too often, just give it a lick and that should stop that!!

Now there's an idea!(and a funny one too) But ya' gotta hope you are the first one to lick the shaker!!!(Ehhh!) Beside it probably violates the Universal Cruiser Cuisine (UCC!) Act!! Besides that RCCL does not want to bring your own "Licker" on board!!)

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
assigned, caribbean, carribean, cruise, dining, diningonoasiscruise, mytime, oasis, review, reviews, royal, seas, seating, ship, time