Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 AM

We're booked on the Rhapsody out of Galveston, Aug. 5 to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We're interested in great snorkeling and beaches that aren't crowded, plus anything else you can recommend. Please give us some suggestions. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 AM

Great ports!! I highly recommend that you visit Chankanaab National Park while you are in Cozumel. Some of the reefs were damaged in the hurricane but still a great place to visit for all ages.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 AM

I think most would agree that Stingray Island in Grand Cayman is a must do. As far as uncrowded beaches... good luck. Your best bet for that may be a private resort like Sandals or Couples. You can be a guest for a day for about $80. A Google search will give you a good idea what it's like. I agree with drlivingston about Chankanaab. Hope this is of some help...

Sonny
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 AM

Grand Cayman is the spot to do the Stingray excursion- even if you're afraid at all. I was at first, but it's really nothing and you really remember the expirience forever. I've never been to Jamaica on a cruise, only by staying at a resort, so I don't have any ideas there. Cozumel would probably be your best bet for Snorkling, as the water there is an incredible clear and beautiful blue. The water is so clear, in fact, that you can see all the way to the bottom from the ship. And lastly, for non-crowded beaches, I would reccomend being a guest for a day at a resort. You get the good changing rooms/bathrooms, and a private beach. Hope this helps, and have a great cruise!

Closed Thread