Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 03:22 PM

Chevy,
I spoke with Joann at Capt. Marvin's today and she told me that the Mariner arrives at 7 am local time (RCCL lists it as arriving at 8 am but apparently that is not local time). So, making a 10 am (local time) trip should be more manageable with that extra hour factored in. We may see you on that trip!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:03 PM

Lacey and chevy,
That is great news! That means the ship will be staying on Miami time - that extra hour will make all the difference. I still suggest that you get in the line to get tender tickets right away, as on a ship that size the tender back-up can get lengthy if your not on one of the first tenders. (Just a word of advice from past experience).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-16-2005, 03:26 PM

Thank you for the heads up, Nancy, on the tender lines. I've only sailed on much smaller ships than the Mariner so I'm betting there will be a number of adjustments I'll need to make.

Finally found the Buccaneer info and confirmed your previous post on a 10:30am departure. Looks like the exact same itinerary as Capt. Marvin's, and the same price. Other than the Buccaneer being a catamarant, any other discernable difference between the tours these 2 companies offer?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:06 PM

Lacey,
I have used both tour operators and the experience is quite similar. As you have already noticed - the only difference is in the vessel. Personally, I preferred the catamaran, as it was just a bit more pleasant ride (and they have a cash bar that was not available on Captain Marvin's boat).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-16-2005, 09:02 PM

Nancy , I have booked the 11:15 to 1:15 (local time )trip with Captian Marvin. They tell me that I will get back no later than 2:00 ( ship time 3:00 ) . Is that enough time to get back to the Mariner ? Also do the Captian Marvin ships have a cash bar ? Thanks Scott aka.... CHEVY
Old 08-18-2005, 10:13 AM

Hi Chevy,
Yes, you should be fine timewise. If you are scheduled in port until 4 PM, the last tender back to the ship will be 3:30 PM (ship's time).

No, there is no cash bar on Capt. Marvin's boat. Thanks for asking the question, however, it made me catch the mistake in my previous post as I had meant to say: "The Buccaneer has a cash bar available that was not available on Captain Marvin's boat". (I will immediately make the correction.)

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-10-2006, 07:56 AM

I am scheduled to be on the navigator on 8/19 & want to tour with native tours on their rays, reef and rum pt. tour. this tour is from 9-2 gc time. Will we have enough time to make our tender, especially if the navigator stays on ship time & not GC time? Does anyone know if the navigator changes their clock?

Closed Thread